My brother

I lay in Rick's arms perfectly awake while Rick snored gently beside me clearly tired after I went down on him.

We lay in the moldy cell as dirty as dishes on Christmas day and I felt the coldness seep into my bones and my teeth began to chatter, my feet shivered on their own accord yet Rick was like a furnace, warm as a summer's day.

I need to find Merle.

But I can't tell Rick I'm going, he won't let me go since I'm pregnant with his child and boy is Rick protective over the things he loves.

I doubt Daryl will let me go either since he is a possessive asshole too.

But I have to try.

For Merle.

I pulled myself quietly out of bed and tiptoed down the hall trying to be as silent as a ninja as I crept down the hollowed hallways that were filled with sleeping survivors.

"Were ya goin' Rosie?" A voice pierced through the silence.

I spun around to catch sight of Daryl slinking out of the shadows a frown masking his features.

"To find Merle" I say adamantly.

"He is just on a run" Daryl whispers uncertainty in his voice.

"On his own?" I ask sadly.

"Yeah, maybe he wanna do good fer the group" Daryl mutters.

"When has Merle ever done anything fer other's 'cept us or 'imself?" I ask.

"When---he---um" Daryl started.

"Never" I cut in.

"He is a good man deep down" Daryl exclaimed.

"Only to us" I say.

" 'nd Rick, Carl 'nd Judy" Daryl says with conviction.

"Yeah well they are family now" I reply.

Daryl nods sadly.

"We gotta find him" I say.

"He will be fine Rosie he is tough" Daryl says trying to convince me.

It's not working.

"What about Michonne?" I ask.

"What about her?" Daryl asks confused.

"She is missing ,didn't you know?" I ask.

"Merle" Daryl hissed.

"He took her to Philip" I groan.

"Philip?" Daryl asks.

"The Governor" I reply getting my bow.

"You on first name bases with 'im then" Daryl sneers.

"Daryl" I warn.

"M'sorry it's just I don't want you to be in any danger around 'im" Daryl whispers.

"I will be fine" I convince him.

"What about the baby?" Daryl asks.

"He or she will be fine, we need Merle, the baby needs Merle" I reply wishing we wouldn't be too late.

"What about Rick? Have you asked him?" Daryl asks.

"Come on Daryl" I hiss walking out into the yard with Daryl following clutching his crossbow to his shoulder like it was his very own baby, that he treasured, like he would mine.

"You haven't told him" Daryl groans.

"Come on Daryl, I thought you took orders from nobody" I huff.

"He is your husband Rose, the father of your unborn child" Daryl pled.

"We need to go now Daryl!" I snarl.

"We should bring others" Daryl insists.

"Merle and Michonne's lives our at risk!" I hiss.

I get into one of the cars and Daryl follows, insisting that I do up my seat belt before we speed towards the gate, stopping to open and shut it before dashing to find Michonne and my other brother.

Halfway down the highway we spot a few walkers straggling on the open road, some with very gruesome injuries like an eyeball half out of its socket and others with half of their faces torn away in a dramatic fight for survival and the hunger of eating what is left of the last humans on Earth.

"We should have brought others" Daryl says.

"Like who?" I ask.

"Lea, Jaz, Missy, 'nd Beth" Daryl says.

"They don't know Merle like we do" I say looking at the open road.

Silence passes us like a unseeing fog.

"Missy loved him" Daryl whispers through the silence.

"He ain't dead yet" I whisper back.

"I know" Daryl admits.

"Merle is as tough as bricks maybe stronger" I mutter watching the walkers limp alongside the road.

"Why were you against them?" Daryl asks out of the blue.

"Who?" I ask choosing to play dumb.

"Merle and Missy" Daryl states making a turn on the road and nearly hitting a half eaten walker that when we passed stared me right in the eyes before snapping it's jaws.

"She reminded me of Jo" I whisper against the roar of the battered engine.

"Jo is probably dead, too weak" Daryl murmered.

"Missy ain't" I snap.

"She is yer friend" Daryl grunted.

"I know" I pondered.

"Why ya worried then?" Daryl asked.

"'Cuz she might 'urt 'im like Jo did" I sniffled.

"Oh Rosie Merle will be fine, Missy is tough but she won't 'urt 'im" Daryl reasured.

"How'd ya know?" I ask acusingly looking at him with a serious glare.

"I don't think he loves 'er" Daryl replied solomly.

"Poor Missy" I whisper as I look out of the dirty, dust covered window seeing the meat starved walkers snap their jaws at our car trying to keep up but always failing.

"You are so bipolar" Daryl muttered looking out of the window trying to cover up the statement with a weak cough.

"What!?" I ask angrily.

"One minute you care about Merle, the next you feel sorry fer Missy" Daryl explains.

I smack my brother over the head and we burst into a fit of laughter.

"Maybe it's just the pregnacy" Daryl chuckled.

"Yeah" I giggle.

The laughter stops when we see Michonne running towards us.

"Stop the car!" I yell to Daryl.

The car screeches to a stop.

We get out of the car and run over to her.

"Rose, Daryl" She says when she reaches us.

"Where's Merle?" Daryl asks impatiently.

"He was gonna take me there, but he must have had a change of plan and left me back here" Michonne gasped fer a breath.

"Where is he?" I ask sounding as impatient as my brother.

"At the warehouse" Michonne mutters.

"The one I was at?" Daryl asks.

Michonne nods then faces me.

"Why are you here Rose, your prengnate!" She hisses brimming on yelling.

"Sorry Michonne gotta go" I tremble wondering what my brother is up to.

Me and Daryl jump back into the car and speed off hoping to catch Merle before Philip does.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When we pull up at the old warehouse my hopes instantly fall.

There are dead bodies scattered everywhere and I mean everywhere.

I look all over and am relived when I can't see Merle amoung the dead.

My heart instantly shatters when I see a familiar figure munching into a dead corpse lying on the ground and my heart breaks. I step closer to the figure willing it to look up to prove my suspisions wrong but the signs lead to the opposite direction.

Two of the walkers fingures are bitten off and their is a fresh gun wound over it's heart.

The walker looks up and my world collapses.

"Merle!" I cry as the walker staggers to a standing postition nearly tripping over it's dinner, heading my way with a hungry lick of it's lips.

Daryl comes rushing over to meet the eyes of his dead brother.

Merle staggers closer until he is at arms length and I weakly push him away.

"Rose!" Daryl yells as Merle lunges for me.

I make a sobbing sound as I land a hard kick to my brother's that would knock a normal man flying.

My brother was not normal, in fact he barely flinched.

Merle made a growling sound and I stepped closer knowing what I had to do.

Daryl was now by my side as we pushed him to the ground.

I plunged my knife in first.

Then Daryl.

We continued this sequence until my brothers face was unrecogniseable.

Daryl fell to the ground in a crying heap while I snuggled into Merle's bloody arms and cried in his shoulder.

I took a look at my late brother and I felt my heart shatter once again this was a far worse pain than death it's self.

Merle was the first person that I well and truely cared about to have died and I didn't want that to happen again.

Not to Daryl.

Not to Jaz.

Not to Lea, Hershel, Maggie or Hershel's daughter Beth.

Not to my husband Rick.

Not to my unbiolgical children Carl and Judith.

Not to Missy or Beth.

Not to my guy best friend Glenn.

Not to my unborn child.

Not to my family.

I was going to kill Philip.

He has now made this thing personal.

I won't stop until I have his head.

For my family.

I will kill him.

For my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys I haven't updated in four days and I am so sorry. I feel like I am loosing inspiration for this story which really upsets me so this chapter will be the begining of the end, their might be a sequeal but don't expect it I will get all my shout out's done so please favourite :)

Shout out to Katie ( )

New chapters will hopefully be up soon.

I totally cried while writing this

So until next time...

Stay Tuned x