Sadness in the happiest of places

It has been five months since Andrea's death.

Since then a terrible illness wiped out a lot of our residents, Karen and Tyreese formed an unbreakable bond in the romance they shared in her and David's finale days before they got the illness 'nd were sadly killed by one of our own, Carol.

Rick decided to let Carol stay even though Tyreese was beyond mad, but it was for the greater good of Sophia.

I am in the final trimester of pregnancy and it could be any day that mine and Rick's baby or babies could make an appearance, which I am glad they stayed in for the whole outbreak of the Prison's illness.

I have even decided on the godmothers and godfather for my child or children.

During the time of that illness I realized who was special to me and I nearly lost a few of them.

Glenn and Lea developed the sickness and were put into the confinement with the rest of the sufferers which devastated Maggie greatly her sister and fiancee both facing death, she was not in a good place but luckily the medicine came back just in time which had us all very relived.

We have finally got things under control, Philip hasn't attacked us in over five months and I believe that I can have my children without fearing death from Philip, then I can finally kill him.

I can finally feel safe and shut my eyes when I sleep and not have to keep one eye open with the overbearing fear that those could be your last moments, your last time with the people that mean the most to you, it is an ever growing trouble especially when we recently lost so many of our own to something that wasn't Philip or the walker's but a walker carried illness that was around even when we were alive which is what scares me the most. If an illness is still alive does that mean Cancer is still out there too and my brother could die of Cancer because of his vile smoking habits that I used to follow?

Does this mean that we could die from a painless illness?

I doubt we could survive long enough to catch these diseases.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The morning started off normal enough with me and Rick in our huge bed cuddled as close as we can be with my massive bump that takes up a lot of the bed to Rick's obvious discomfort, but I really can't help it, anyways he made me this way.

"Rose could you move over love?" Rick asks and I would chuckle but that would probably make me wet myself and that would defiantly not be attractive, but then again I look like a beach whale so what is attractive nowadays.

"Do you think I can even move anymore Rick" I ask tiredly because I have had no sleep in ages and it is taking it's toll on me.

"I'm sorry love" Rick says pecking my nose with a soft kiss and I immediately feel bad.

That is Rick's super power the ability to make me a fearless and feared Dixon feel bad, nobody but my family has ever done that to me before and I have known a lot of people but Rick he can make you feel bad with his unending and undeserving love.

"I'm sorry for being a bitch" I say to Rick as I press my lips to his in a quick and chaste kiss.

"It's just the hormones love" Rick replies kissing me back.

I heard Judith cry from the room next door and I sat up pulling Rick up with me.

"We better get up" Rick grumbles tiredly.

"Yeah" I agree saddened by the ruined moment but I love Judith as if she was my own so I get up to go feed or change her or do whatever needs to be done.

Once the deed of changing Judith was done me and Rick walked downstairs to have our breakfast like any other day in this walker filled world. Anyways what even is normal anymore, the dead eat the living and the living kill the dead, the living is the prey when they were once the predator, the whole game has changed the tables haven't turned they have entirely flipped over.

"How long has it been?" Glenn asks suddenly.

"Since what?" Asks his fiancee Maggie.

"Since things were normal?" Glenn replies shoving food into his mouth.

"Was it ever even normal?" I ask.

"Good question" Says Hershel sitting next to his three daughter's.

"It was normal for me" Hershel's daughter Beth says.

My old friend Beth walks down the stairs.

The grief has hit her hard even after all these months I really think that Charlie was the one but one of the Woodbury boys Taylor has a bit of a crush on her I think.

"Hey Beth" Taylor blushes as she sits across from him at the table.

I see Hershel's daughter Beth flush jealously at the fact he likes the other Beth over her.

Beth just smiles at him and gets on with eating her breakfast.

"How is the pregnancy, Rose?" Hershel's daughter Beth asks.

"Eh good I would say but I don't know for sure" I reply uneasily.

I don't like to think about it that much because if I do I am constantly reminded of Lori and the fact that she died giving birth to Judith in this very Prison where I will hopefully give birth and hopefully survive.

"How long do you think she is daddy?" Beth asks her father.

"Well, Rose here is about nine months along so anytime now" Hershel says looking at me with a small smile that tells me that he won't let me die, well at least not yet.

But the ball is not in his court it is in whoever controls us whether it be God or some Fates that weave our futures together with a magical golden thread.

"Taylor I am going to the courtyard, do you wanna come with me?" Beth asks Taylor which he nods enthusiastically at before getting up, grabbing her hand, and leaving.

I hope that she finds happiness with Taylor like she wanted so much with Charlie and even Merle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am outside the gates with Hershel and Michonne fixing up an old car that we could us for more people to be able to go on runs or even a better chance at escape if needed.

I am out here against Rick's wishes but me and Hershel are the only ones skilled at fixing cars seeing as Hershel fixed the old ones on his farm and me and Merle would fix cars with illegal parts that would have us sent to jail a few times.

"How long do you think you will be?" Michonne asks.

"A while" Hershel replies.

I hear a rustle in the woods but my suspicions are stopped when a bundle of blonde hair appears in front of us.

"Daddy, Maggie says she needs you for something, but I will stay out here to help, Rose fix the car" Hershel's daughter Beth chimes.

Hershel smiles at Michonne and I before putting his tools away and leaving the car to go see what his other daughter Maggie wants from him before hopefully returning to help me fix this car.

Once Hershel was inside the rustling started again.

"Michonne" I warn nodding my head in the direction behind me.

She nods and moves cautiously to scope the scene.

"What did you hear?" Beth asks worriedly.

"I don't know but you will be fine, I will protect you" I whisper pulling out my bow and arrows.

I hear Michonne gasp and then...

THUMP

Something must of hit the ground.

A walker?

But then why would she gasp?

Maybe it snuck up on her?

Damn it Rose these are walker's not spies they are not that good.

Maybe Philip.....

I am grasped around the waist and something smacks me round the face.

The sound of Beth squealing then collapsing to the ground fills my ears before I see Philip look into my eyes.

"See you soon Rose" He whispers as it all goes dark.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I thought of leaving it there but as I haven't updated in a week......

Continue reading
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up inside a van tied up again, beside Beth and Michonne.

"Philip!" I yell trying to get him to come in here.

But instead of him coming in I hear him yell at somebody.

"I will not let her no matter of your feelings for the girl she is pregnant with Rick's baby that makes her very special and just remember Martinez that if I find out that you have in some way helped her, I will kill you like I killed the others" Philip yells.

The door is slammed open by Philip and Martinez and a woman I have never met before trail after him, the woman looks to be in her mid to late thirties with medium length brown hair.

She looked sympathetic towards us and I took her or Martinez to be our ticket out of here.

"What's your name?" I asked the woman.

"Now Rose you know that is none of your business" Philip assures me with a devilish smile.

"Lilly. Lilly Chambler" The woman says and I look at Philip triumphantly.

"My name is Rose Dixon and how much do you know about this man?" I ask her and I see Martinez smirk at that statement.

"I know his name is Brian" Lilly says.

I let out a snort and Michonne and I laugh at the poor girls cluelessness.

"That isn't even his real name" Michonne says looking at the girl with pity.

"What does she mean Brian?" Lilly asks as a younger woman with a small child comes in.

"Lilly?" The woman says and Lilly turns.

"Tara, I said you and Meghan wern't allowed in here" Philip bellows and Tara takes a step back with the little girl Meghan in her arms.

"Mummy?" Meghan asks.

Lilly looks at Philip before taking her daughter from her...

Sister?

Daughter?

Friend?

"Come on sis" Tara says taking Lilly out of the room which really ruins my plan.

"So....Brian" I say looking at Philip with an evil glint in my eyes.

"You won't ruin this for me because at the end of the day you and your unborn child will be dead" Philip growls.

I gasp and subconsciously try and protect my bump but my hands are tied so my efforts are in vain.

"You said.." Martinez starts.

"I know what I said and guess what I lied but if you try to help them you will die too, now come on" Philip says dragging Martinez out of the room.

The door is slammed behind them and with that our chances are gone, we are goners.

"Beth I am so sorry" I whisper as she starts to cry, she is too young for all of this and so was Amy I just hope that what happens very soon won't result in three graves being dug.

Or burned.

Well it depends on who receives our bodies.

I can't go down like this dying without a cause.

Beth and Michonne can't go down like this they have to live for the group for the people that care.

My unborn child or children can't go down like this, they are already little fighters surviving countless falls and near death experiences. I love it or they already they or it will be my little ray or rays of sunshine. They or it are what I have to survive for.

I have to survive for my family.

For Rick.

For Daryl.

For everyone else at the Prison.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The light shines through the windows telling me it is still daytime but I don't know how long we have been here sitting all tied up with no escape. I wonder if they are looking for us or if they even know that we are missing. Hopefully they will find us before it is to late.

My thoughts stop as the van starts to move.

After a while of driving the van finally stops.

I know where we are.

This is where we will be executed at the Prison in front of our family, our loved ones. They will make Rick watch so that he breaks when he sees me and his unborn child or children die and that is what Philip wants.

Philip walks into the van.

He walks over to us right in front of Michonne and grabs her.

"Get off of me!" Michonne hisses.

"Nobody's gonna hurt you" Philip says.

"I don't believe that" Beth says from the corner and I can tell she has grown up.

"Well I don't care" Philip says.

"Just tell us what this is. Please" I plead fearing for my child or children's lives.

"It isn't personal" Philip mutters.

"Then what is it" Beth says.

"Michonne, I want you to know... Penny, my daughter, she was dead. I know that now. Now, I don't want to hurt you. I don't want to hurt anyone. I need the prison, that's it. There are people I need to keep alive. You three are gonna help me take it. No one needs to die." Philip says.

"I'm gonna kill you" I say to him looking him directly in the eye.

"No you won't" Philip says looking from Michonne to me.

"I'm gonna take my.."Michonne starts but is cut off when Beth says "Stop it. You want the Prison?".

"Yeah and I will take it as peacefully as I can" Philip says but I can tell this is all fake he doesn't have a peaceful bone in his body he is filled with hatred and wrath.

"I'm trying hard. There's all kinds of ways I could do this. This way, you get to live and I get to be..." Philip starts.

"You say you want to take this prison as peacefully as possible. That means you'd be willing to hurt people to get it. My family would be there. Rose has an unborn child. That's who you'd be hurting. If you understand what it's like to have a daughter, then how can you threaten to kill someone else's child?" Beth says and I smile feeling proud at how grown up she is.

"Because they aren't mine." Philip simply replies.

Philip walks out of the door and we are left staring after him.

"You tried" I tell Beth as men come in and grab us.

"Rick! Come down here. We need to talk." I hear Philip yell.

"It's not up to me. There's a council now. They run this place." Rick yells and I feel so proud that he is standing up for the council and I am so happy to hear his voice before I die.

"Is Beth on the council? What about Michonne? She on the council, too? How about Rose?" Philip says and that's when I know that Philip has got him.

"I don't make decisions anymore." Rick says and I am so proud.

"You're making the decisions today, Rick. Come down here. Let's... Let's have that talk." Philip says as the men bring us out and lines us up pushing us to our knees which causes me to yell in pain.

"Rose!" Rick yells when he hears my pain filled yell.

"Mum!" Carl yells trying to get out of my brothers pain filled grasp and I know that Daryl wants to be here to protect me, like Merle always did when we were younger.

Save the Princess.

That's when the flashback comes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Merle I'm scared!" I cry as the monsters take me away, kneel me down and hold a gun to my head.