Meeting Lea Greene

Lea Greene at the side guys played by the beautiful Abigale Breslin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke to see myself alone in this tent.

Where is Daryl?

I started to panic, he had left me alone in this camp.

Alone.

I was alone, again.

Like when we were kids and he wasn't there when father was home, ever since I was scared of being alone, properly alone.

"Rose?" A voice spoke from outside.

I stifled a sob as the mental image of my dad beating me, touching me, breaking me.

He ruined me.

"Rose, its me Daryl, I'm here, I'm sorry I left." He said and I realised he was next to me now with me in his arms.

"It's ok" He murmered wiping my tears away with his hand.

I knew it wasn't, I would never be ok, this feeling inside me it was never going away, the sadness, the pain, the scars.
People think that they had rough childhoods, they never lived on our street, I consider myself lucky, I watched my brother, Daryl, harden before my eyes becoming the man he is today, the man I'm proud of.

"I have some people who wanna meet ya" Daryl finally whispered through the silence.

I dressed in my leather jacket, with a rolling stones shirt, leggings and combat boots. I shoved one of my knives in my boot and I put one in the shief that was on my leg, I grabbed my bow and placed it on my back with gentle care as a mother would with her infant.

I walked out to meet Daryl and saw Carol and Sophia with him.

"I just wanted to thank you for taking care of Sophia, nobody would have done as well a job as you, I'm forever in yer debt" Carol said pulling me into a hug.

"It was no problem was it princess" I say smiling at Sophia as she smiled back.

Carol smiled and nodded.

"I have some people fer ya to meet" Daryl said grabbing my hand.

We walked up to the house.

I saw people from our group seated at the table but what seemed like a family of four at the top of the tabled that I hadn't met before, I saw Rick with Lori and Carl seated with him.

Rick went to get up to touch me but Daryl shoved him back.

I walked to the back of the table dragging Daryl with me.

"Hi, I'm Rose" I say to them.

"Ah, you must be Daryl's sister, he has had us in a bit of a worry when he came demanding we search for you and Sophia here, but enough of that I admire you courage and we would love to have you at my humbled farm, oh and my name is Hershel and these are my daughters" The kind old man said pointing to the three girls.

The one that seemed the eldest stood up first.

"Hi, I'm Maggie" She said and shook my hand offering me a kind smile.

The one that seemed the youngest stood up next.

"Hey, I'm Beth" She whispered seeming very shy.

I smiled at her and told her one of my best friends is called Beth, which made her smile and made me wonder where Beth and Jaz were.

The one that seemed the middle child bounded up to me and brought me into a tight hug.

"Hiya, I'm Lea and its very nice to meet you!" This bubbly character chirped and I realised that this girl was my favourite of the sisters.

"It's nice to meet ya'll" I say smiling at the family before.

The sound of a door slamming grabbed my concentration.

"ROSE!" Beth and Jaz screamed running at me, well Jaz walked but hey, She still loves me.

"Shhh you'll attract walkers" I playfully hiss as I wrap my arms around them.

"Anyways you saw me yesterday" I coyly reply.

"Well that was before your mean brother dragged you off to his tent like Tarzan" Beth giggled obviously over reacting.

" You make it seem like they had fun" Jaz chortled and my dirty mind kicked in.

"Gross guys he is my brother!" I cry as horrified faces of the group and a very embarresed Daryl look at us.

"Insest" Jaz simply says and I smack her round the head with the back of my hand.

"Ow!" She yells.

I walk past Rick and I see Lori smirk snidfully at me and I scoff, tears theatening again but I force myself to be strong.

Jaz walks behind me and 'accidently' pushes Lori over.

I have to hide my laugh behind my hand, but too late the amusement reaches my eyes.

"HEY WATCH IT!!! I'M A PREGNANT WOMAN!!!" Lori yells clutching her stomach.

My mouth drops open and I look to Shane but he is in as much shock as I am, the only one that doesn't look shocked is Rick.

"Mum your pregnant?" Carl asks breaking the shock filled silence.

"Yes baby" She replies looking to me with a smirk and I feel the anger surge.

My fists clench and I storm out of the room with Jaz, Daryl and Hershels daughter Lea in tow.

"I'm sorry Rose, this is worse than I thought" Jaz says with a sorrowful sigh.

I just nodded beating back the tears.

"You dated him?" Lea asked.

I nodded again.

Please be strong I wished myself.

"I will kill 'im" Daryl murmered.

"no, life is the most beautiful thing on earth and a man shouldn't be punished for being with his wife" I whisper holding him back as Rick exits the houses, he seems to be searching for someone.

His eyes meet mine.

"Rose" He calls.

Lea walks away signalling for Jaz and Daryl to do the same, but they won't not until I say so.

"Rose let me explain" He whispers.

"She doesn't wanna hear ya lies!" Daryl snarls.

"Its not lies" Rick promises.

I turn away from his gaze.

"Please Rose, just a minute" He pleads.

"Ok, Daryl, Jaz I will talk to you afterwards" I whisper.

Jaz pulls Daryl away with her but not before she turns back.

"You 'urt her and I will crush you" She speaks with such venom it is unreal and so unlike her.

He nods.

As they walk away I turn back to him.

"Rose" He whispers taking my hand which I pull away straight after.

"Times a tickin' Rick" I warn.

"The night you went missing Lori found me, she told me somat" Rick started.

"She told ya what Rick, that the baby's yours!" I snarled.

"Yes, but that night in the CDC we did somat" He gently spoke as if soothing a cat.

"Ya did what Rick!" I yelled frustrated at his lack of imformation.

"We 'ad sex,Rose, me and Lori!" He cried.

"Before or after" I spoke calmly.

"What?" He asked clearly confused.

"Before or after we kissed" I spoke.

"Before" He said tears briming his eyes.

"Why" I mutter defeated.

He looks at me with remorse.

"WHY!" I scream.

"Why what" He says.

"Why kiss me after being with her, why stay with me for that day and that night! Oh that night, was any of it real for you Rick!" I cry.

"I meant what I said I loved you, I still do and yes that night was the best of my life but..." He trailed off.

"But what" I say not caring as fresh tears dripped from my eyes hitting my shirt in wet patches.

"But it may be mine" He says.

"Yeah well it may be Shane's!" I cry dumbfounded at his stupidity.

"She promised" He weakly added.

"What...that the child's yours" I laugh.

I laugh a pained laugh.

"Rose, I'm sorry, I would change it if I could!" He pleads.

"Don't" I say.

" Don't what?" He asks.

"Say that you regret that life in Lori's stomach, she may be a bitch and a whore but that is a baby, an innocent being, It is being brought into this world and you will love that child with all your heart because some people can't have children and that is the most horrible feeling that anybody can go through,Rick, when I met you, you were the most beautiful human being, now you are being blessed with a child, some ain't as lucky" I say with tears forming.

"You can't have children are you Barren?" Rick asked concern laced in his voice.

"No, but a friend a friend might be its to do with her syndrome" I whisper.

"Oh" He replies.

"I love you Rick, but that baby deserves a proper family" I say pressing a soft kiss to his lips.

"Rose" He pleads.

I walk away to find Jaz and Lea spying behind a bale.

"We wern't spying" Lea says her eyes darting around.

Jaz elbows her in the side.

"Ow!" Lea shrieks.

"Sorry" Jaz mutters.

"Tell us the deets then" Lea chirps.

"Yeah we saw the kiss!" Jaz presses.

" one, it wasn't a proper kiss and two, I was letting him go, Lori's preggers and their child deserves a proper future" I mutter.

"Aw Rose" Jaz mutters.

"Group hug?" Lea asks a clear smirk on her face.

"Ok, but just this once" Jaz clariffies before she is engulfed in our warm hug, we know this will happen again but Jaz just wants to keep her cool.

"Are you ok?" Jaz finally asks.

"I will be" I say as I look at the sun.

Beautiful, dangerous yet caring.

Thats what I wanna be I think.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I thought that was a good place to end it so what are your thoughts of Rick is he still a Jerk or is he slowly making his way back into your good books. When I was writing Lea's parts I nearly wrote the person she is based on's name a couple of times so I do that now or in the future please tell me!!

As always...

Stay Tuned! x