Gifts from him

Today was much like every other day in this apocolypse. Quiet. I miss the sound of the motorway, the roar of motorbikes down our street, I even miss the screaming of little children. I used to complain about the noise and I always asked for quiet, now that I have it I wish it was loud that it may blow my eardrums. I miss a lot of things now they are gone, like the way my phone was a comfort blanket keeping me warm in the long days and nights, I miss lights and the other electronics, I miss books and magazines but most of all I miss the people the endless chatter and making new friends, I miss that.

I am wrapped in Rick's arms in his cell. I was surprised that my brother's even let me sleep in the same room as Rick let alone sleep with him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked outside with Carol and Axel who was serving time at the Prison when the outbreak.

"So when you first met Carol you thought she was a lesbian?" I asked with a fit of giggles.

"Yes" Axel replied looking at Carol and I think that they would be good together.

"You also robbed a store with a water pistol?" I ask again cracking up.

"Yes"He said again smiling.

"Your in here how?"I asked.

"Armed robbery" Axel and Carol say in sync.

I start laughing.

" With a water pistol?" I giggle.

"Yup. The police didn't think that anyone could be that stupid so when they searched my brothers house they found his 38 which matched 'the description' " Axel said and we all started laughing.

"My brother also had a money problem"Axel said seriously.

"Really?" Carol asks.

"Yeah he never lent me any" Axel joked and we started laughing again.

We walked a little futher until we were out in the court yard.

A gun shot went off and blood splattered mine and Carol's faces. Axel lay slumped on the ground blood oozing out of the wound to his head. Thats when we caught the first glimpse of Philip and Martinez by a car at the edge of the woods. Philip had made the shot that ended Axel's life and he was lining up for another.

"Get down!" I yelled to the people outside.

Me and Carol ducked using Axel as cover. I pulled out the only weapon I had on me which was my old handgun that my brother Merle taught me to shoot.

I took a shot to the man in the left watch tower watching him slump to the ground as my bullet passed through his brain quickly ending his life and I turned to Philip who was shooting at Rick who was outside the Prison.

I took a few shoots but I was too far away.

Maggie called Carol over to safety to give her a gun but I stayed where I was.

"You're a traitor you know that Rose!" Philip yelled.

"To think I had a crush on you!" Martinez confessed.

Rick who must have heard the last sentance took a few shots before a van plowed through the gates, and into the area of grassland. It swerved and a lady got out firing a few shots in Michonne's direction then opening the back of the van before running to Philip and leaving us.

Walkers trudged out of the empty van crowding into the grass area.

"Hershel get out!!" Rick yelled and I noticed Hershel laying inbetween the grass with walkers heading for him.

When Hershel hobbled up to the gates we tugged him in and waited for Rick to join us.

"Everyone ok?" Rick asked.

We all nodded and I walked over to Hershel and Lea.

"You guys ok, no bites no wounds?" I ask.

They shake their heads.

"I should be asking you that question, being out in the open like that anyone would think you had a death wish" Hershel scolded.

"Sorry" I mutter.

"You are like a daughter to me Rose, it's my job to worry about you" He says with a wink as he hobbles off.

"What dad said was right, yer practically part of the family you 'nd the others of course" Lea chimes.

"Where are the others?" I ask.

"Inside but I bet they heard the racket" Lea replies.

"Well I never thought I would get gifts from him" I chuckle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys sorry that chapter is so short I had a tone of homework and I had barely anytime. Also please check out my friend Whenboredom strikes book 'The World through invisible eyes' Its amazing!!! ()

Stay Tuned x