Broken Trust

Jaz wonders why I trust Missy so much after only one meeting. But I get her she lost her parents in a dreadful way to that sick man Philip, my mother died in child birth with me so I never really knew her but I know that once I turned six the abuse started and Missy may not have been abused but she was left without the loving touch of her parents during this apocolypse and so was I. I feel like I have to protect Missy even though she seems the sort of person that needs no help, just friendship and if thats what she needs I am willing to offer it.

Before we left the store I noticed a picture on the ground of Missy and what seems to be her parents, its a beautiful picture really but Missy was gone before I could return it to her, but the next time we meet she will get it back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We pull up to the place I found a safe haven once now what seems like a hell hole. The guards let us in and tell us that we are lucky as it is only ten minutes til curfew.

I see Merle climb down from the wall. He pulls me into his arms and holds me there tightly.

"You were so close to curfew I thought I had lost you!" Merle scolds as he places a chaste kiss to my brow.

"I'm sorry" I mumble.

Martinez walks up to us carrying his gun making me think he must have been on duty a while ago, they must have just realised that Beth and Charlie are not with us because their expressions turn grave.

"Where are they" Martinez asks looking at his feet.

"Charlie was bit on his neck and Beth went crazy and was eventually bit" I stutter as fake tears slip down my face.

"We had to put them down" Jaz cries.

Merle and Martinez comfort us which seems a lot unlike my brother but maybe he is changing for the good and will come with us on the plan to get to the Prison.

"Rose, Jaz the Governor would like to see you" A guard says looking boredly at us.

We walk to the Governor's house and open the door and hope that our petty lies will work and the governor will not see through them because if we do the Prison will be doomed and our lives will be lost.

"Where is Charlie and Beth" Philip speaks when we settle into his office.

"They were bit" I answer.

"Did you put them down?" He asks and the way he says it, it's like they were rabid dogs and needed to be killed as soon as posible with no emotion.

How did I ever find him attractive.

Jaz and I nodded looking at his cold eyes to will him that this is the truth.

"I want to hear you say it!" He yells making us jump.

"Yes I put them down" I answer solomly trying to put as much of this on my shoulders so that if this went wrong hewould hopefully only kill me not Jaz.

"I don't believe you" Philip muttered.

Jaz's eyes went wide with shock.

"Why?" I ask.

"Because Charlie was a strong fighter" He stated.

"He got distracted by a girl in the store and while he was with her the walker bit him" I simply state because it is the truth well at least part of it is.

Philip nodded.

"Well then why would Beth risk her life" Philip chuckled like this was a cheesy joke and Beth and Charlie would walk through that door any minute.

"Because she loved him" Jaz whispers.

"I can't hear you!" Philip booms.

"She loved him" Jaz said a bit louder than before.

"There is no such thing as love not anymore!" Philip boomed turning away from us.

"Yes there is" I muttered under my breath but I think he heard me because his frame went rigid.

"Leave me now and give the supplies to the guests in the house next to yours" Philip yelled but his voice sounded broken.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once we had unloaded the car of weapons, food, books and other useful objects we made our way to the guests house, hoping that they knew what they were getting into. Philip wouldn't let you leave Woodbury unless you were in a body bag without a head. Sick I know but he wouldn't let you leave so that nobody knew of Woodbury.

As we opened the door and walked up the flight of stairs to a room we could hear female voices inside and one in particular sounded very familiar.

I opened the door to see Andrea talking to this African-American lady about weapons.

"Andrea!!" I yelled running over and hugging her tight until the other lady pulled me off and stared me down scowling at me with a frown placed on her lips.

"Who are you" The lady said getting up in my face.

"Rose Dixon, I went to school with Andrea and was with her and her sister at the start of the apocolypse." I say sounding very stupid as I'm usually the one in people's faces.

"You" The lady said pointing at Jaz.

"Jaz Mitchell" Jaz stated sounding very bored with the supplies in her hand.

"Now Michonne let up these are my friends" Andrea said with a smile.

"You mean the ones who left you in the woods" Michonne dead panned.

"They looked for me. Right?" Andrea asked.

"Of course we did we waited for you to catch up but after eight months we realised you were gone...but you alive and thats amazing!" I reply with a smile trying to hide the lie with some truth.

"Whats that in your hands?" Michonne asks.

"Oh these are some supplies for you" Jaz says handing them to Michonne and Andrea.

"Do you like it here?" I ask hoping they don't.

"No" Michonne says while Andrea says "Yes".

"Michonne can I speak to you in private?" I ask.

She nods and follows me out of the room and away from enemy ears.

"Why don't you like it here?" I ask.

"The Governor seems shifty and my gut feelings are never wrong" Michonne states.

"He is shifty and we need to get out of here as soon as possible" I say looking around for people that might here our conversation.

"Andrea won't leave she likes it here and I think she may like the Governor too" Michonne says looking very worried and I know that she cares for Andrea a lot.

"He won't let us leave" I say looking at the ground.

"What!" Michonne nearly yells before I clap a hand round her mouth to shh her.

"Everyone that tries to leave ends up dead" I say.

"We need to leave now" She states.

"No, Jaz and I have our brothers to get on board and we need Andrea to come with us" I say and by the look on Michonne's face she understands.

"We better get back" I say walking back to the room.

As we walk in Jaz and Andrea are just sitting there looking through supplies and they look unworried so Andrea must not have heard what we were talking about outside which is a good thing seeing as this new will come better from Michonne.

"Jaz lets go we don't wanna get caught out during curfew" I say as she gets up.

"Whats curfew?" Andrea asks.

"Nobody is allowed out after dark" I say turning the handle of the door before turning to them again.

"Be careful" I say and I know Michonne knows what I mean.

I hear Andrea ask Michonne what I meant by that but she just says nothing and me and Jaz walk into the hall. The thing I like about Jaz is that she seems to know what is going on even if you don't tell her directly, she knows what I told Michonne without me telling her or she even being there and that is good.

As we walk down the flight of stares me and Jaz smash into two thick masculin bodies.

"Watch it!" Jaz growls and I have to tug her back.

"Woah sorry" One of the figures say and I realise they are boys, that look oddly alike so they must be twins or at least brothers with simular features.

"Who are you!" Jaz groans rubbing her side from where we all slammed into each other.

"I'm Blake and this is my twin brother Elliot" The one that apologised says.

"Your very pretty" Elliot says to Jaz and I can tell she is now trying to fight the blush.

"Rose, we gotta go its curfew" Jaz says dragging me down the stairs with red cheeks and me with a knowing smile on face.

I think this could be good for her if Elliot breaks down Jaz's tough personality he will see the girl that I have grown to love and cherish like a sister. I just hope that he can do it before we leave.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys I don't usually do four chapters in the space of two days but hey I really wanna get back to the Prison and I really enjoy this story. Wanna thank my best friend Maisy for doing the picure at the top for me because hey she is my positive daisy. I will hopefully update soon and please check the character profiles as I have done outfits for them all. Plus another shout out to Maisy as she has her new quotv story: My Skater Girl-5SOS AU and its brilliant plus it got 60 reads in a day so check it out. ()

Stay Tuned x