His love

I still can't believe me and Rick are together in this terrible world it's funny how love fills up them blank spaces, I am lucky in the least that the
ones I love are still alive and I haven't truely lost someone I love with all my heart. But it can only be a matter of time.

Rick places a kiss on my cheek as he sits next to me at the table with todays gruel. I know that I shouldn't complain but the food at Woodbury was real and not things that we have to ration. Theirs was all stored up and the soldiers got more frequently by stealing and scavanging. It's getting better and I will surely become used to the food that is slopped in front of me.

"Y'lright babe?" Rick asked sitting closer.

"M'fine just zoned out" I say pecking his lips.

"Wanna go back to our cell after this?" Rick asks winking playfully.

"Ew dad gross!" Carl groans as he takes his seat across from us.

"Sure thing babe" I chuckle and place a small kiss on his lips as Merle storms into the room.

My brother was never good at taking care of his temper, he will end up been a douchebag if I don't do anything. I walk over to him and put my hands on his shoulders mentally telling him to calm down.

It works.

"Whats wrong?" I ask concerned.

"Beth" He mumbled.

"Which one?" I ask.

"Not the farmers daughter, Riccardo" He hisses.

"Oh, what happened" I say stroking his shoulder, soothing him.

"She kissed me" He grumbles.

"What!" I yell startling some of the group behind us.

"What's this?" Daryl asks walking over to us.

Rick walks over but Merle stops him "Dixon's only Officer Friendly!".

Rick huffs but steps back sitting down with Carl and Judith.

"Merle!" I hiss.

"M'sorry Princess" He mumbles.

"What happened Merle?" Daryl asks.

"Beth kissed me" He mumbles again.

"Which one?" Daryl asks his mouth gaping.

"Riccardo" Merle replies.

"Wait the one we grew up with, ew man she is like our sister can't you get laid from anyone else, I mean thats just nasty" Daryl says shaking his head in disbelief.

"Thats my friend!" I snarl slapping Daryl upside the back of his head making him wince in pain.

"Sorry" Daryl mumbles.

"Go on" I urge.

"She backed off, she still loves Charlie and I love..." Merle trails off.

"Who?" I ask.

"Yeah tell us!" Daryl says.

He mumbles a name but we hear it perfectly and I squeal while Daryl smiles. People turn to stare at us.

"Shut ya mouth Princess" Merle growls.

"M'sorry" I say.

"It's ok" Merle says kissing my cheek before leaving.

"I will see you later Rosie" Daryl says placing a kiss to my brow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sit in Judith's little room with the small stuffed toys me and Daryl brought back for her scattered all over.

I rock her in my arms singing a gentle lullaby.

Hush, little baby, don't say a word.
Rosie's gonna buy you a mockingbird

And if that mockingbird won't sing,
Rosie's gonna buy you a diamond ring

And if that diamond ring turns brass,
Rosie's gonna buy you a looking glass

And if that looking glass gets broke,
Rosie's gonna buy you a billy goat

And if that billy goat won't pull,
Rosie's gonna buy you a cart and bull

And if that cart and bull turn over,
Rosie's gonna buy you a dog named Rover

And if that dog named Rover won't bark
Rosie's gonna buy you a horse and cart

And if that horse and cart fall down,
You'll still be the sweetest little baby in town.

I lay her gently into her cot as she mewls in her sleep, her lips pursed in an adorable pout making my heart flutter with happiness and regret that Lori isn't here to share this moment with her beautiful daughter.

"Is it bad that I think you are better for my dad and us than my mum ever was?" Carl asks stepping out from the doorway making me jump.

"Carl don't say that, your mum and dad were very happy together" I say looking down at Judith.

"Were they really?" He asks.

"Yes" I say.

"Then why did my mum cheat on my dad?" He asks.

"She thought he was dead" I lamely reply.

"That is no excuse for what she did and when she got pregnant, my dad just drops you to get back with her and even then he wasn't happy!" Carl says.

"I told him to leave me" I say.

"Why!?" Carl asks.

"Because Judith deserved a proper family with her real mother and father" I reply looking at the sweet angle in the cot sleeping.

"Why?" He asks.

"Because she deserves the family I didn't have, with a mother that didn't die giving birth to you and a father that didn't rape 'nd beat you with every chance he got" I whisper in a defeated tone.

"M'sorry" Carl says.

"It's ok, why did you talk that way about yer mum, she loved you 'nd Judith with all her heart 'nd yer father too" I say.

"Because when she was with Shane she really hurt my dad and it broke him but you were there fer us, you protected me from them walkers back at camp 'nd you love me 'nd Judith like we were yer own" He says simpily.

"Do you love my dad?" He asks.

"Yes, of course I do" I say tears forming at his previous statement.

"Then you have my permission, mum" Carl says with a smile.

"Carl" I weakly say tears falling down my face leaving wet trails in their wake.

"Don't say yer not, my mum would approve she really liked you, you know and I want to call you mum" Carl says.

I nod weakly and pull him into a hug.

"Come on Carl lets go find yer dad" I say pressing a kiss to his head as Hershel's daughter Beth walks in.

"Take care of her" I say to Beth as I kiss Judith's cheek and she nods with a smile on her face.

Carl practically drags me outside to where my brothers and Rick stand.

"Why have you been crying?" Rick asks wiping the dried tears away.

"Yeah what happened?" Daryl asked concern etched into his words.

"Who do I have to kill" Merle jokes.

I crack a smile.

"Me" Carl confidently replies and I look at my brothers waiting for their reply.

"Whatcha mean little man?" Merle asks bending down to Carls level.

"I did it" Carl says a smirk on his face.

"What did you do?" Rick asks worridly.

"I told her that she had my permission to date you" He said.

" Ok, but how would that make our Rosie cry?" Daryl asks.

"I told her that I wanted to call her mum" Carl says smiling at me as I hold his hand.

Rick cracks a smile and so do my brothers.

"Well I guess that means I'm yer uncle, welcome to the family kiddo, oh and Judith" Merle says ruffling Carls hair which he tries to put back in place.

"Never thought our little Rosie would be a mam so soon but I will be a good uncle and teach you how to use a crossbow" Daryl says to Carl.

"Yes!" Carl says practically jumping with joy.

"You better treat our little princess right, Grimes" Merle hisses at Rick before patting his shoulder.

"Yeah don't hurt her...brother" Daryl says smiling at Rick.

Rick looks at me and we both end up with huge grins on our faces.

"So we are family now?" Rick asks.

"Not officially" I hint in his ear and he smiles.

"Soon" He whispers and kisses me.

"Ew, dad...mum come on!" Carl groans and we all laugh before a voice calls over to us.

"We want Beth" Philip bellows at Rick and our group huddles closer remembering our last encounter with this terrible man.

"You can't have her!" I yell.

"This ain't yer fight redneck traitor!" A voice calls from behind Philip.

"Don't talk about my sister like that!" Daryl and Merle yell at the man.

"Ahhh looky here its Merle the traitor and his redneck trash brother!" The man chuckled.

"Nick shut up!" Philip shouts.

"But Philly" The man whines.

But Philip just shoots him a glare. Only then do I see two people next to Philip, Milton and Andrea the two people I wished to save from this madman but he has them too close that they will never leave him but Andrea's loyalty wavers. I look to Michonne who's face is a mix of anger and grief in the friend that she cared about so much that let her leave just like that without a proper fight.

Beth steps forward.

"Beth, my dear we want you to join us" Philip says looking at her.

"Why?" Beth asks.

"Because it's what Charlie would have wanted, you to be safe" Philip advises and I know that he has hit hard with her loved one, this could mean she leaves us as Charlie was a loyal follower to Philip, I just don't wanna lose her.

"Don't listen to him Beth!" I yell.

"Do what Charlie would have wanted" Philip presses and Beth looks of into the distance obviously thinking this situation and all I think is what would Charlie have wanted for her.

Beth starts walking towards me but before I can wrap my arms around her she says to the wind "Goodnight my love". Thats when I know that Charlie was there for her like Lori was in Rick's time of need.

The gunshots deafen me before all I can see is darkness, the voices are muffled and my legs collapse.