Wattpad: A New Way to Creativity

We were at CDR-King (a store that sells computer and gadget-related items) last May after our Mothers' Day celebration to get my Tab her long overdue headset. After I checked several styles, I ended up buying nothing. It was an epic fail at first, not until the saleslady saw my tab and with her twinkling eyes, asked:

"Ate, nagbabasa din po kayo sa wattpad?"

(Miss do you also read in wattpad?)

I smiled and said yes and with my hopeful eyes added,

"Nagsusulat din ako. Sana mabasa mo."

(I also write. I hope you can read as well.)

And with that, we exchanged our usernames and later got to chat in wattpad...

Wattpad has become a revolutionary tool for writers and readers all over the world.

It is amazing to know how strangers can share the same interest and eventually, become friends. Apart from the CDR-King's Sales Lady, in a span of ten months since I became active with wattpad, I have become friends with people across the globe and even adopted aunts and little sisters (both readers and great writers and even operators of FCs) and re-establish friendships with my friends who also share the same interest as mine. Three of my friends even started writing their own stories.

The experience I had earlier reminded me that no matter where we are, or who we are, we can always find something in common with someone we don't really know.

This is the reason why I've launched PLUMA.

To the readers, may this bring you closer to the authors you follow.

To the authors, may this give you an opportunity to share a part of yourself.

To the future writers, may you get inspiration from your beloved authors and start scribbling your own. It is a good feeling to be able to share yourself to the world.

And to the growing wattpad community, thank you. Thank you for welcoming me and being so warm. Let us always inspire one another and encourage one another.

***

Enjoy, Chill and Be inspired!