XVI: Chetinsley: Start Something from where you are

Hello writers!
Happy new year! Sorry it took a while for the update.
Our next featured writer is someone whose story has been featured/recommended by wattpad in their fantasy genre. I love how she is so open to sharing her ideas and commend her when she said that her fave writer is herself. I mean we do have to love our own works right? That is a reminder for me too.

And now, Let me present to you, Ms. Cheketa!

***

Username: Cheketa Tinsley. @chetinsley

Been with Watty since around March 2015.

Strange Clouds is her first published book on Wattpad, but certainly will not be the last.

Up close with Cheketa:

My favorite Wattpad author is myself. I don't want to sound cocky by saying that, but it is the truth. Now that I've completed Strange Clouds Book One, I am currently reading it for the first time from beginning to end and I must admit that I am truly a huge fan of my own work. I'm my own #1 fan.

My favorite life quote is something that I often say a lot, especially to people that are confused about where or how to start/launch a new business or idea. "Start where you are." I say this often to remind folks that you don't have to wait until you have "this" and "that" to start. You just simply start where you are.

As a writer:

I get inspiration mostly from dreams, but people inspire me a lot as well.

I write best during the hours of 3 and 6 am. It's the time where my ideas and inspirations flow effortlessly.

I don't know my writing style, because I have not yet found an author that writes like myself. It's especially difficult to answer this question because most books written by African Americans are currently just lumped and compiled in one category. That's so unfortunate.

Writing tips:
For those who would like to start writing, I would advise that you take the time to know and develop your characters' back stories . When you do that, it becomes a lot easier to channel them.

My writing tips are to always write from the heart and to never ever censor your characters.