XV:Know your Characters:MikaelaBender

Our next featured author is someone who made it to the highest rank in Science Fiction. The same story is also part of the Featured Stories List. I am not so much into this type of genre but I am planning on giving it a try too (story intro is just awesome). Grab your pen and notepad and learn from MikaelaBender.

Username: MikaelaBender
I've been writing on Wattpad since August 2014, but I've been reading on here long before that.I have ten works on here but only four are novels and novellas.
Location: United States

 My favorite Wattpad author is Robert Thier. His book Storm and Silence is one of my all time favorites."God has a reason for everything." This gets me through any trial.
As a writer:
I usually get inspiration from published books because I get to see what the finished product looks like, and I can try to make my story read like they do.I write best when I listen to music--preferably musicals. They have so much more emotion than songs that come on the radio.My writing style is first person, present tense. I love using sarcasm.For those who would like to start writing, my message is to read more. Since you're starting off, only work on one project at a time. If you work on too many, it's hard to finish anything. Writing tips: Get to know your characters. Give them a secret that the reader wants desperately to know. Overtime slowly reveal that secret. It adds a layer of depth to the character. Don't use the word "then" as it's passive voice. Try to limit your usage of was and is for the same reason. You want to show what is happening rather than just telling what's happening. Most importantly, remember to enjoy the story.