Canada x Reader

Requested by: @emmamadre

Hopefully you like it, emmamadre. 1078 (give or take) words for you and some random peeps.

Also, I haven't checked for mistakes yet, so be sure to keep an open mind.

**※

Matthew invited me over to watch a hockey game. Apparently, it was a pretty huge deal since he said that he's skipping work to watch it.

I walked from the kitchen with two cups of soda for the both of us. The game was halfway over and this was the third time I got up to refill our drinks. I sat down on the couch and placed down our drinks on the coffee table.

After watching the game for a few minutes, I looked over at Matthew who was decked out in hockey merch. And when I mean shit, I mean he was wearing a hockey jersey, beanie, gloves, and had hockey stick in his hand. I, however, just wore my normal clothes. I guess I'm not into hockey as much as him.

Kumajiro was even less impressed by the game. Even before I came over, he was sitting on the floor, facing the corner of the room. Kuma only left the corner to get a bag of jerky and a bottle of water, but he soon went back to the corner. He probably got in trouble and now he's having a timeout.

I grabbed my cup of soda and took a sip. It felt like we've been watching the same thing forever. I can't complain, though. If Matthew is willing to do the things I like, I want to do things he likes. Minutes of staring into space happened before I looked back at Matthew.

"Hey, Matthew?" I asked taking another sip from the cold beverage.

"Yeah?" He turned around, the hockey stick in his hand hitting my cup. The liquid inside the cup hitting my shirt and parts of my pants. In shock of what happened, he put his hockey stick on the ground. "I'm so sorry!" He whispered/screamed.

"I-it's okay, really."

"Let me get you something to change into. I'll put your clothes in the washer for you."

"Okay, thanks." He took my hand and led me upstairs to his bedroom. Once we reached his room, he let go of my hand and went over to his closet. After looking through all the shirts, he took out a random hockey jersey. He handed me the jersey and left the room for me to change.

I took off my (favorite color) sweater and was about to put the jersey on, but I realized that my jeans were also wet. In embarrassment, I took off my jeans as well and then put the red and white colored jersey on. The shirt ended just above my knees and the sleeves just above my elbows.

There was no way I was going to look through his things to find any pants. So with just the jersey on and no pants, I slowly walked down the stairs. When I got downstairs, Matthew was again watching the game, but this time the hockey stick was leaning on the couch.

I walked over to him while he was watching the game. He was again in a trance from the television, so I went over and tapped his shoulder.

He looked over, but seeing how I looked he looked back at the television. Apparently he was embarrassed as well.

"Um, do you have anything I could wear for pants?" I asked as I played with a piece of my hair, trying to distract myself from how awkward the situation was.

"You look good like that, though." He said, more quiet than usual. I let go of the piece of hair I was playing with and saw that his face was red as a tomato.

"Really?" He nodded. I smiled and decided that just wearing the jersey wasn't so bad. "I guess I'll stay like this then." I sat on the recliner that was next to the couch, making sure that nothing was showing when I sat down.

We watched the game for a while until the laundry dryer, indicating that my clothes were clean. Matthew went over to the laundry room that was in the other room. I followed along a few minutes later. I watched him grabbed the article of clothing and folded them before handing them to me. I took the clothes and went to the bathroom.

I changed back into my original clothes and folded Matthew's jersey. It felt a lot warmer after putting my pants back on. Going back into the living room, I handed him his jersey.

"Here, thanks for letting me borrow it." I smiled.

"It's fine. And you can keep the shirt. It looks a lot better on you anyway." He said as he  pushed back a piece of my hair behind my ear.

"Okay, thanks. I guess I'll use it as pajamas." I said, blushing a little from the fact that he practically freakin' caressed my flipping face.

Just as I finished what I was saying, the television announcers announced that the game ended. Apparently, it was a tied game until the team that Matthew was cheering for made a goal.

"Wait! I didn't see it!" Matthew ran to the television to see the replay. Even though he ran, he missed the replay and the commercials started.

I kind of felt bad. If I didn't make a mess on myself, he might of seen what happened.

"Hey Matthew, I'm sorry." He sighed and turned the television off.

"It's okay. It's just a game." A smile reappeared on his face, trying to reassure that it was actually okay.

I looked at the clock on the wall. It was way later than I thought.

"Matthew, I really need to get going." I said and I grabbed my phone from the coffee table.

"Alright, let me walk you to your car."

"Okay." We walked outside towards my car. I opened my car door and looked back at Matthew before going in. "Thanks for letting me coming over. Are you sure about the jersey?" I asked as I held the shirt in my arms.

"It's fine, really. Like I said, it looks good on you." I smiled and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"Thanks Matthew." I got into the car and laid the shirt down on the passenger seat before starting up the car. I waved goodbye to him who was standing there stunned, his face red like before. He waved back and watched me pull out of the driveway.