Japan x Reader

NOTE:

Everyone is in high school

I didn't do accents, just to make things easier to read

🌸🌸🌸

"Come on, (f/n)!" Elizabeta yelled as she skipped in circles around me.

I sighed, the bubbliness of her already getting to me and it was only seven in the morning. Maybe it was just because I'm sleepy or maybe I'm getting tired of the same thing every day. I guess I should really go out and do something, like karaoke or something.

"Oh!" She stopped prancing in front of me. "Did you hear?" She asked rocking back and forth on her heels.

"Hear about what?" I grasped my backpack sleeves, making sure that they don't slip off. Her jaw practically dropped to the ground, but she quickly required.

"Okay, apparently there's supposed be this new student coming to school. I think he starts today, and he's from Japan~!" She said as she wiggled her eyebrows.

"That's cool, just don't find him and try to hook us up. You've been trying to find my a boyfriend for years now. Anyways, let's get to class before the bell." Nodding, she followed a while before going to her own class.

Since we started walking to our classes at such a fast pace, I was one of the first people in. I took a random seat somewhere in the middle. I wasn't one of those super nerds who sits in the front, but I also don't see myself sitting in the back.

I took out my books, (color) note pad , and my pencil case. The teacher usually makes us write a lot of notes so I want to be sure I'm on top with everything they say. Yesterday, I wrote almost thirty pages of notes just for this class.

Soon, a lot of more people started walking into the class. Just seeing all the people walking in made me a little depressed, knowing that class would start soon.

"Hello class!" I looked at the front of the the class. The teacher was there with what almost looked like a forced smile as was talking. To be honest, all these teachers look like they're forcing themselves to be happy in front of us. "So sorry for the wait, usually I'm in here before all of you come to class. But now I would like to introduce a new student."

They looked toward the door, and made a gesture to come over. Everybody in the class looked over in that direction. A guy who actually looked a little bit nervous stared walking over to the teacher.

Black hair and brown eyes were the first things I noticed about him. When he walked over and looked at the class, I heard a lot of whispers and quiet laughs. Most likely, the rest of the class was silently judging him.

The guy gave a slight now before introducing himself. "Hello, my name is Kiku. I am from Japan and I hope that we can all get along." The teacher gave a pleased smile before letting him sit down.  

He took the seat next to me, but not before I awkwardly looked at him for a quick second. I could say the same happened to him since we made eye contact on his way to his seat. Guess we could say that that could of been our first contact and it was the most awkward five seconds of eye contact ever.

Even though sitting behind me, I could feel like he's still looking at me. It felt like his eyes were burning through me skull. Maybe I was just paranoid and all he was looking at was the teacher since they were right in front of us.

'Maybe I should say something to him. He is new, so he might not have any friends yet.'

~~~

Class was finally over and everybody was starting to pack their stuff to go to the next one. I gathered my things quick, making sure that I had time to talk to the new student.

I turned around to his seat just to see a quick flash of light, which blinded me for a moment. I rubbed my eyes and saw that he was holding out his phone, the camera pointed right at me.

'Did he just...take a picture of me? Oh my God, this feels like a beginning of a stalker fan fiction!"  

"I-I'm sorry!" He put his phone in his pocket and gave an apologetic bow. "It was wrong of me to take a picture of your without permission."

"Umm, it's okay. I just wish I smiled in that now." I said while giving a small laugh. He tried to laugh along but it came out a little awkward.

"Anyways~ What was your name again?"