Canada x Province!Reader

Requested my: @Shadow_Dancer_Cat

(f/n)= first name

(h/l)= hair length

~~~

I placed a pan of (favorite flavor of) cake into the oven. The timer was set and the oven door closed.

Canada was supposed to come over today. Sadly, it wasn't special because he checks on all of us. By all of us, I mean by the other provinces. That part made me a little sad, but I couldn't let him know that.

'Just be happy like usual, right?' I thought, trying to convince myself.

"It's okay (f/n), the cake is already in the oven. It'll be there for a while so you still have some time to clean the last of the house."

That boosted my spirits a little, but it still was in the gutter. I just wish I was special, but I guess I'll always be like everybody else. I shouldn't think these things. I'm trying to lift my spirits, not kill myself with everlasting despair.

With that being said, I grabbed the dirty dishes that I used to make the cake and started to wash them in the dish washer. I should of got the baking done a lot sooner, but I was too lazy to get out of bed.

~~~

The last of the now dried dishes were put away. It was really good timing since the oven timer went off at the time I finished with the dishes.

I put on oven mittens from the counter and open the oven, heat radiating from the oven. I took the cake filled pan, carrying it over to a cooling rack. All I had to do was wait for it to cool so I could put frosting on, but that will be a while.

As I took off the oven mittens, the doorbell rang. I looked at the clock, freaking out why he was here already. Did I take to long to get ready or is he just really early? I put away the mittens and rushed to the front door. Opening the front door, there was Matthew with the usual slight smile on his face.

"Hey Matthew, you're really early." I said, moving out of the way so he could come inside.

"Yeah, sorry about that (province). I got done with work early and decided to come over. If you're busy with something right now. I could come back later, if you want." I shook my head, closing the front door after him walking into the living room.

"No, it's okay. All I was doing was making cake. It's still cooling, but would you like some later?" I asked, sitting on the beige colored loveseat, Matthew doing the almost instantly.

"Yes, please. You always cook things for me, I wish I could do something for you." He said while moving a piece of my (h/l) away from my face. I blushed at the action, knowing fairly well that he doesn't do those kind of things to just anyone.

"U-umm, well you could give me a..." I hesitated to say the rest. It would be really awkward if he rejected me.

"What is it, (f/n)?" I sighed. Might as well ask, don't really have anything to lose but my dignity.

"A...kiss?" I looked away, not giving him any time to reply. The thought of a disgusted look on his face scared me too much.

"Alright." I looked back at him, he was actually smiling. The total opposite of what I was expecting. Before I could say anything back, he pulled me into a kiss. His warm lips pairing with mine. It took a few seconds for me to figure out what was happening, but when I did, I kissed back.

After what seemed like only a few seconds, I pulled away, the need of oxygen becoming too great. It seemed like he needed the break as well since he was breathing heavily.

"(F/n), to be honest, I didn't check up on the others. I was just trying to find a reason to see you." I was at a loss for words once he said that. The whole time he just wanted to see me.

"Really?" I asked, disbelief clouding my thoughts.

"Yeah, I really like you. Like a like like, if that makes sense." I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him into a hug.

"I like like you too! I...I Love you!"