Friendships Forged in Fire...

(Y/N) decided she needed some time away from Draco before she could stand him again, so she sat in the courtyard with her nose in her potions textbook. Dean Thomas and Seamus Finnigan sat with her in the grass, making it rather hard for her to focus on her work. She thought they were there to help each other with potions vocabulary, but it seemed all they wanted to talk about was Harry and how he found himself to be the new Gryffindor Seeker.

"Really!" Insisted Seamus. "McGonagall told him he was on the team and even pulled Oliver Wood out of class so they could start practicing."

"I don't believe you." (Y/N) said.

"You don't have to. Everyone's talking about it. Believe them!"

"If first years were allowed on the Quidditch teams, I would have tried out. There's no way McGonagall broke the rules to let Harry play!"

"Didn't you see the way he caught the Remembrall?" Dean asked. "You can't say that wasn't amazing."

(Y/N) shrugged. "It was, sure, but he barely had one flying lesson and he's a first year just like us. I think it's a rumor, and next time I see Harry Potter, I'll be sure to ask him."

Seamus pointed in the other direction. "Well, there he is, right there. Why don't you ask him now?"

(Y/N) held Seamus' gaze for a moment. She could tell he didn't think she was going to do it. "Fine," (Y/N) closed her book and got to her feet. "And I'll tell you all about how it's a rumor when I get back."

She could hear them laughing as she started after Harry, but she payed it no mind. She was on a mission to prove herself right, and more importantly, prove them wrong. When she caught up with Harry, (Y/N) tapped him on the shoulder. "So, is it true? What they're saying?" She asked, once again too worked up to remember her manners. "Are you really the new Seeker?"

"Yeah," Harry smiled and nodded, clearly very proud of himself. "Can you believe it?"

(Y/N) stopped dead in her tracks. "You're joking,"

He shook his head, stopping, too. (Y/N) could tell she was beginning to confuse him; he stared at her expecting some explanation.

But she was astonished. She'd never heard of a first year being put on a Quidditch team, let alone without flying lessons. And Harry didn't even know anything about Quidditch! He must have been very promising for McGonagall to take notice, (Y/N) thought. She couldn't wait to see him play a real game. "That's amazing! Congratulations!"

Harry seemed to be taken aback. Perhaps he'd forgotten that (Y/N) was quite nice and that it was Draco that caused all their problems. Still, a smile spread across his face. "Thanks!"

"And did McGonagall really pull Oliver Wood out of class?"

"How d'you know that?"

"Everyone's talking about it. You know, you being on the team is a really big deal." She'd dreamed of being on the Slytherin team since she could remember.

They turned a corner, and a ginger down the hallway spotted them and started walking in their direction. "Harry, why're all these people talking about you so much?"

"Haven't you heard?" (Y/N) peeked around Harry and looked at Ron. He looked disappointed to see her. "He's the new Seeker."

"Seeker?" Asked Ron, his red eyebrows raised. "But first years never make their house teams! You must be the youngest Quidditch player in—"

"A century, according to McGonagall."

The Weasley twins – Fred and George, (Y/N) was sure – approached the three of them to congratulate Harry.