The Blue Ford Anglia

"(Y/N), quickly," Lucius Malfoy called over his shoulder. His long legs made quick strides through King's Cross Station. It was nearly eleven o'clock, and he did not seem to have much time to allow his daughter to catch up to him. "The train will be leaving soon, with or without you."

(Y/N) wanted to say that she knew, but she thought better of it. They'd only just made up after her scene in Flourish and Blotts and she didn't want to go off to school on a bad note with him. So instead, she steadied Alcestis' cage in her arms and said a hurried "Excuse me," to a Muggle who nearly ran right into her.

Finally, Platform 9¾ came into their view. Lucius made haste to pass straight through, and after sparing a glance over her shoulder to make sure no Muggles were looking, (Y/N) started towards the wall.

She closed her eyes, hugged Alcestis tight, and after a few steps, quickened her pace to a run. But, unlike the year before, instead of passing through to the busy platform, (Y/N) collided hard with the brick wall before her. Alcestis screeched defiantly in her cage, fluttering her wings in anger and (Y/N) struggled not to tumble over her feet.

"Just what do you think you're doing?"

A tall guard had approached, staring down his nose at her.

"I was only, um... The Platform..." She didn't know how to explain what she was doing to a Muggle. If she told him what she was trying to do, he'd probably think she was mad. "Sorry," She decided to say. "I wasn't watching where I was going."

The man dropped his gaze to the cage (Y/N) held in her arms. With a shake of his head and a click of his tongue, he walked away, muttering something about the youth.

(Y/N) could still feel a few of the Muggles gazing at her, but she didn't have the time to care. She pressed her hand to the wall in front of her, pushed with all of her might, yet she still wasn't able to pass through. She looked at the clock as her pulse began to quicken. There were only a few seconds left before the train would depart. What on earth was she to do if she couldn't get through to the Platform?

She pressed her back to the wall, bracing herself for a fall backward, but nothing came. It seemed to be nothing more than a normal wall, which was about the most abnormal thing (Y/N)'d ever experienced.

She willed herself not to panic. It would mean nothing if she missed the train. Lucius and Narcissa would return shortly and find a way to get her to school. After all, the Malfoys were particularly good at pulling strings. She'd be alright, (Y/N) assured herself, so long as she was patient.

However (Y/N) couldn't help but worry. As she moved to sit at a nearby bench, she wondered if she'd perhaps lost all of her magic. Or what if she was expelled and she didn't even know it yet? Even if she was still allowed at school, there was nothing stopping her parents from apparating home. There was no rule that required their return to King's Cross Station. Just what was she supposed to do then?

(Y/N) anxiously tapped her foot. Every so often she would glance back at the wall between Platform 9 and 10, but she didn't see anyone returning from bidding their children farewell. She began to think of what she would do if her parents didn't return. She could always call the Knight Bus. She didn't know much about it other than the fact that it was apparently a "Muggle-esque outrage," but she figured it would do the trick if the need really came. Or, (Y/N) thought she might run into Mr. and Mrs. Weasley. They could help her to Hogsmeade, and (Y/N) could simply walk the rest of the way to school.

Just when she started to calm down, she heard the squeak of old trolley wheels and hurried feet running across the concrete. Two boys were racing across the station as if their lives depended on it, and straight to the brick wall ahead.