Polyjuice Potion

Harry's bones grew back just as quickly as Madam Pomfrey had promised, but the excitement and chatter from the Quidditch game carried on for the next few days. Gryffindor had taken the lead for the House Cup because of their win and (Y/N) had lost count of the times another student from her house congratulated Harry on a job well done.

Word got out and quickly spread about Colin Creevey, who laid in the hospital wing as though he were dead. He'd been petrified, just like Mrs. Norris, attacked by the monster the Heir was said to control. (Y/N) and Hermione went to Moaning Myrtle's bathroom the very night they found out to begin their brew of Polyjuice. In the coming days, everyone forgot about Harry. Suspicion spread like fire. First years traveled together in groups, as though scared they would be attacked if they ventured forth alone.

Ginny Weasley was devastated. (Y/N) remembered Ron saying something about her sitting next to Colin in Charms; ever since he was attacked, she hadn't been herself. Fred and George were trying their best to cheer her up, but (Y/N) thought they had a funny way of going about it. They took turns covering themselves in fur or boils and jumping out at her from behind statues. They only stopped when Percy threatened to write to their mother and tell her Ginny was having nightmares.

Meanwhile, older students began a roaring trade in talismans, amulets, and other protective devices. Neville had bought a good few of them. One evening at dinner, he was setting up his brand new pointed purple crystal next to his evil-smelling green onion and (Y/N) had enough.

"Neville," she said, covering her nose as he pulled out his rotting newt tail. "Put those away! Nothing's going to happen at dinner; there are professors and students everywhere."

Ron frowned in disapproval. "You haven't got anything to worry about, anyway! You're a pureblood, remember?"

"They went for Filch first," Neville said, his round face fearful. "And everyone knows I'm almost a Squib."

In the second week of December, Professor McGonagall came around to collect names of those who would be staying at school for Christmas. (Y/N) and her friends signed the list; Draco was staying over the holiday, too. They thought it would be the perfect time to use the Polyjuice Potion on him.

It was another week later when (Y/N) and Harry were walking across the entrance hall and saw a small clump of people gathered around the notice board. Dean spotted them both and waved them over, his excitement showing on his face.

"They're starting a Dueling Club! First meeting tonight!" He said as they approached.

Seamus nodded thoughtfully from beside him. "I wouldn't mind dueling lessons; they might come in handy one of these days."

(Y/N) and Harry agreed, so, they hurried off to tell Hermione and Ron the news. That night at eight o'clock sharp, the four of them arrived at the Great Hall. The four dining tables had been replaced with a stage that stretched through the center of the room. It was packed with students, both their age and older, wands drawn as they spoke excitedly to one another.

"Do you think Flitwick will teach us?" (Y/N) asked as she made her way through the crowd, waving down Seamus and Dean. "I heard he used to be a dueling champion."

"As long as it's not--" Harry began, but he gave a groan of annoyance.

(Y/N) understood why immediately.

Gilderoy Lockhart was making his way onto the stage, dressed in a cloak (Y/N) thought was quite impractical for dueling. His golden curls bounced with every step he took, and he proudly outstretched his arm as he spoke. "Gather round, gather round! Can everybody see me? Can you all hear me? Excellent!"