Chapter Twenty Seven

Shock horror, I'm alive!

So so sorry for lack of updates but I am getting back into the swing of writing. All I ask for is patience. Enjoy my loves!

xo

The road trip itself consisted of me being sick, falling asleep and vaguely hearing Alex get excited about the fact that he was taking me to Disney World.

We knew why I was throwing up. My body was now reacting to the drugs that weren't being forced into my system. Even though Jake was concerned, Alex shook it off, reciting what the doctor had told us. This was going to be normal for me for the next two weeks at least.

Of course this did nothing to soothe Jake but he let it slide when I had clambered into the car, complaining that we had to make so many stops.

Cassadee and Rian were going to meet us there, so every time we stopped, Alex would let them know.

It made me glad that I had a week's pass because had it been a day, it would have been a day wasted.

When we eventually got there, I was exhausted but the moment that we scrambled from the car to get to the hotel, it felt like the energy came buzzing through and suddenly I was six years old again, watching Peter Pan for the first time.

I could hear the guys laughing at my reaction, but I couldn't help it. I was lost for words.

"C'mon. Let's get checked in and meet up with Cass and Rian for dinner." I didn't argue as he guided me into the place, both of them with my bags.

Despite how cold it actually was, I ended up shedding my jacket and beanie because of the heating and suddenly every pair of eyes seemed to glance to my head.

My eyes dropped to the floor as we reached the front desk.

"Family suite booked under Gaskarth?"

"Ah yes, two of your party has already arrived. Would you like to pay now or when you leave?" He hesitated and I looked up at him.

"I'll pay now and any extras when we leave." He decided and I grinned as our cases were loaded onto a bellhop.

"Enjoy your stay sirs and ma'am." The guy on the desk nodded to me, and I found my eyes avoided the stare that seemed to be directed at my hairless head.

When we got into the room, Cassadee and Rian were already here and sat on the sofa. She had her legs across his lap whilst they watched the TV.

"How was the journey?" Rian asked and the other two looked at me. I grinned sheepishly and both of them just laughed.

"I can't help it." I whined and they laughed again.

"C'mon. Freshen up and then we'll go out for something nice." Alex put forward the suggestion. When I looked into my room, I felt my jaw drop.

The room was stunning. I really felt like princess or something.

When I'd showered and brushed my teeth to get rid of the aftertaste that was vomit, I got changed into something a little bit nicer than my sweats and headed out to the group.

When we were eating, most of the conversation from all of us was directed at Jake.

"So any new love in your life Jakey boy?" I watched as my best friend and brother turned pink at Cassadee's question, his lips curving upwards slightly. I laughed.

"What's her name?!"

"You can't scare her off just yet Charlia." Alex butted in and I stuck my tongue out. Jake laughed.