Chapter Nineteen

(Mwuahahaha)

August 19th

"So what are you doing today?" I questioned Alex whilst sitting down at the kitchen bar. I felt exhausted from staying up till five, talking to Jake.

"All Time Low are performing an acoustic show, you are going back to bed once you've had some breakfast." He grinned before placing down a full breakfast down in front of me.

"Why can't I go?"

"Because you complained to me so much about it." He teased and my cheeks burned pink as I busied myself with eating my breakfast. "It's all cool though. I think you need some rest though, you've been looking worse lately."

"Great way to tell a girl she looks like shit." I gave him sarcastic thumbs up and he laughed before kissing the top of my head.

"You'll get better, I know you will. Now, I'm gonna shower, get changed and then head over to Rian's. Cassadee's offer is still open."

"I know, but Rian hasn't really spent time with her and I don't want to steal that away." I grinned in return.

"Weirdo!" Alex shouted to me as he made his way up the stairs.

"And proud!" I called back, earning laughter .

Once I'd eaten, I said goodbye to Alex and headed upstairs. A nap was in order it seemed.

ALEX

Once I got to Rian's, I was kinda glad that the others were already there because they looked slightly uncomfortable. This caused a grin to form on my lips and Jack glared at me, daring to say a word.

"So, what time is this shindig?"

"It's in about two hours. We've gotta go, set up and sound check before performing. Because it's acoustic, it's only gonna be a few songs." Matt responded like it was engraved into his mind. Chances are, it probably was.

"Alright."

"How's Charlia?" Cass asked as she bought in some drinks.

"Tired. She was up skyping Jake last night. But she's been looking ill lately. I'm thinking on taking her back to the doctors before we go on tour."

"Did she not want me over there?" I could easily tell that Cass was hurt. Charlia was a little sister to her.

"Nothing against you Cass, she just knows that you and Rian have got next to no time together, so she's giving you that space. Plus she reckons you'll be bored because she's so tired." Cass, safe to say, looked more relieved at that.

Once we got there, of course it was time to announce to the Hustlers what we were doing, so we took to our phones.

'Yo Hustlers! B-More, you have a special acoustic show. Come find us at the West Side mall. We're just outside. You have two hours.'

We each sent similar tweets before setting up the gear, sound checking our guitars and mics. Of course when we did that, the screams were incredible. Clearly they weren't going to let us down this time around.

As we waited for the time before we opened it up for them to start gathering, we all hid behind the backdrop that the guys had managed to put up.

"So we're doing old songs and premiering a few new songs. I so can't wait for this." I grinned to my bandmates before we went out on stage, greeted by the screams from our fans.

"Hey Baltimore, how ya doing? We've got some songs for you, so I hope you don't mind."

We played through the set, gaining a positive reaction from the crowd and it made my heart swell, knowing that we'd worked our assess off for a good reason.