Chapter Seventeen

July 11th

True to his word, there had been a party ready for my arrival in America. But the fifteen hour flight had exhausted me so much. And despite begging Alex to let me get some rest, he was insistent on making me sit it out and be a good party goer.

Peter and Isabelle were there as well, and they had gone to the lengths of getting me a welcome gift. They'd gotten me a silver locket with 'Gaskarth' engraved on the back and it opened up to reveal space for two photos.

I was utterly stunned when they gave me this.

"We felt that you needed to be welcomed officially into the family. And there's nothing wrong with buying our granddaughter a gift." Isabelle's words not only stunned me, but I was very close to tears as I threw my arms around her neck in response, whispering how much I loved it.

Jack had gotten stupidly drunk and ended up getting towed back home by Zack. Cassadee made sure I was settled and happy before she finally let Rian drag her away. As the house emptied, I found myself just craving Alex's company.

So that was the first night we both fell asleep watching Peter Pan, me completely curled up against his side.

The next few days were hectic. We were looking into schools that I could attend and even though it was clear that Alex was hoping that I'd choose a different school, I felt comfortable at Dulaney High, and not to mention, upon meeting the principal, I realised that it was a good school. Jack just over exaggerated things.

And they were more than accommodating when Alex explained the touring commitments.

"See, I know that she needs her education, but as her responsible parent, when we get days off I'll want to spend them with her." Alex had spent the last ten minutes explaining how the tour worked, the breaks and how long it would be between me getting to see him in person.

"No no, I can understand. You want to be a parent but also you have a job to do as well. Well, I'm sure if young Charlia keeps up good grades, I see no reason for her not to join you out on tour. But that is if you keep up the grades, Charlia."

"I don't really need to worry. The only exam I failed was physical ed because of my foot." I shrugged in response and Alex stifled a laugh.

So by the time that it was agreed that I'd finish off my education at Dulaney High, I found myself strangely excited at the prospect of making new friends.

"You know, having your accent is gonna be a bonus." Alex commented as we made our way home. I gave him a weird look and he grinned. "Don't forget, I moved here from England, I had an accent and kids found me pretty interesting and weird at the same time." I laughed.

"Don't worry, I plan to try and make some friends this time around. I kinda realised that shutting myself out was the worst thing I could have done." I shrugged my shoulders and he wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

"That brings me onto the next topic of conversation." We settled in the car and Alex turned the stereo down.

"Which would be?"

"The Hustlers."

"Oh." I knew what he was getting at, and in truth, I was terrified. I was terrified of people finding out because I knew how vicious people could get.

And there was only so much I could cope with as a human being.

"I don't know." I admitted quietly after a long silence between the pair of us.

"You don't know? What's there to not know? Either you want to introduce yourself or you want to give it a while." At the second option, I felt the butterflies lift, washed away by the relief that filled my heart.

"I don't have to say anything yet?" Alex looked offended.

"I'm not gonna force you to do anything. You need to get settled, adjust to the new life with a rockstar..." He trailed off and I laughed before punching his arm.

He pouted in return.

"Hey, the pout doesn't work remember." He giggled before rolling his eyes.

"I'm serious though, I'm not gonna force you till you're ready."

"What if I'm never ready?" He raised an eyebrow and I sighed. "Okay, hypothetically."

"You'll have to deal with rumours and people assuming that I'm some sort of child creeper." I couldn't help it, I had to laugh at the face he pulled and he scowled at me.

"I'm sorry, okay. But how about we do it at the end of the month? That way I can set up a twitter account and stuff."

"Are you sure that's wise?"

"There are privacy settings for a reason, Alex." It took all of three seconds before we both started laughing again and he sighed.

"Fine, end of this month I'll introduce you to the Hustlers. We can do a live webcam thing or?"

"Er, live is fine, I guess." He grinned as we pulled up to our home.

"You still gonna Skype Jake?" I paused for a minute before nodding.

"I'm gonna tell him this and about high school. Maybe he can offer advice seeing as my last two years are like College over in the UK."

He just rolled his eyes as he made his way into the kitchen.

"Well I'm cooking you food, so beware."

"Will do food monster." He laughed as I ran off upstairs to grab my laptop, bringing it downstairs to set up on the kitchen island. I knew Alex would wanna talk as well, so it made things easier.

I've gotta write up the next chapter buuuuuut big plot twist chapter has been written up! SO you all better have sharp pointed objects ready to throw at me. (I'll be hiding in a cave somewhere on the coast haha!)

vote & comment!

peace, love n tiger stuff xo