Chapter Twenty Five

December 14th

I didn't know how I'd made it this far.

The cold weather had gotten to the point where I couldn't leave home to go to school, so I had to be homeschooled, but the group still came and visited me.

Sean, Jordan and Fletcher spent a lot of the weekends with me, teaching me how to game. But as much as I did that, I found that I was missing being able to draw freely. It was frustrating and upsetting, but I didn't argue about the fact that I couldn't grip things as well as I used to.

Rae and Emma also helped me keep the house smelling nice by baking all sorts of food and most days, the group would end up at mine and we'd be snacking whilst doing our work.

Isobel and Peter were happy to move into the house when Cass had other places to be. It was nice to spend some time with them without the interruption of school, although they were both alarmed at how much I was actually missing when everyone had come around for our study group and the table was covered in papers.

Inbetween everything, I skyped with Alex at least every other day if I could, or if I was tired, we facetimed and he'd stay on till I fell asleep.

But even with everyone trying to keep me busy, it didn't stop the days where I cried till there were no more tears. Those kind of days occured when I had chemo and the few days after it.

It killed Alex when he'd facetime me and he was greeted with red eyes. I could see it in his face and it sucked, but there was nothing that I could do.

Thanksgiving was quiet. I spent it with his parents and they really tried for me, and so I tried for them And I think they were somewhat glad that I didn't shut myself away. They introdued me to a few family members that had moved over to America and it had been fun. It just felt weird because the reason why I was there, wasn't with us.

But today, I was excited. Cass was back and she forced me to dress in the warmest clothes and in layers, so I did just that. Once I was ready, she shouted that they were landing in the next hour and needed to go so I was moving as fast as I could.

By the time we had arrived to the aiport, the guys were tweeting about landing back home and I found myself getting excited.

"C'mon Cass! I wanna be there when he walks out of arrivals." She laughed at my impatience as I tugged her through to arrivals.

I watched as people arrived and I watched as their flight number showed up and I bounced on the balls of my feet in excitement.

"And here we have is an excited Charlia." I turned to see that Cass was recording and I giggled before waving to the camera, returning my attention back to the arrivals entrance.

I saw Danny first and I found myself growing impatient. But I was finally rewarded as I saw the skunk hair followed by the brown hair and I wasted no time as I shot forward.

"Alex!" I crowed happily and he turned from chatting with Jack. He stopped, dropping his bags to the floor as I reached him and he picked me up into what felt like the tightest hug.

"I've missed you little bird."

"I've missed you too" I responded quietly and he simply held onto me for another moment before we pulled away and he picked up his luggage again, throwing his arm over my shoulders.

"So no deaths then?" He teased and I giggled.

"Well unless you count the death of my brain from school work and boredom." Jack snorted and laughed.

"You're still doing school work?"

"Jack, I don't want to turn out like you, so yes. I am doing school work even though this weather makes it difficult for me to actually go to school."