Chapter Seven

January 24th

Everything was happening at once. It was like a dream, yet the smile that Alex kept giving me was telling me that this was far from a dream.

When Rian and Jack came back from the interview, Zack attempted to teach me to skateboard whilst the other three tried so hard to distract me. Jake opted to just watch and laugh at my failed attempts.

By the time that they had to get ready for meet and greet, I'd gotten the hang of it, so I offered to skate across the floor to the sound desk with wires for Evan and Jeff.

Which led me to this moment.

I was skateboarding across the venue, two wires hung on my shoulders. I manouvered through fans, some giving me dirty looks, others cheering me on.

It was only when I was pulled off the Skateboard did I finally realise who one of the 'fans' was. Ellie Moore, the new 'bitch' for lack of a better word in my year.

I really didn't want this right now.

"So what are you doing here, you orphan?" I rolled my eyes.

"Helping out, what does it look like?"

"Really? See, I thought you were earning your keep as they kicked you out of the home, for not being wanted." Ouch. I refused to show that the comment had struck a nerve.

"Keep wishing there, Ellie. Now if you'll excuse me." I made an attempt to move and she gripped my shoulder, preventing me from moving further. I cast a frantic look around and the guys were dealing with fans and Evan was distracting Jake.

"I'll keep wishing that you were dead." She hissed and I froze. "No one gives a damn about you. Even that older kid is more interested in the tech stuff than you. How about you do us all a favour, and go jump off a bridge."At this, I glared at the girl, wrenching my shoulder from her grip.

"Change my last statement to keep dreaming. Grow the fuck up." I sneered at her before picking up the skateboard and taking the wires over to Evan.

"Is that it?" I questioned.

"Yep. Meet and Greet should be over soon as well." Evan commented and I took off like a bullet.

I didn't even look at the guys as I headed for the dressing room, anger bubbling up inside of me as my chest tightened.

I reached the dressing room before slamming the door shut and throwing myself onto one of the couches face down. Finally letting out the scream of frustration.

I refused to move from that spot. No one had come into the dressing room yet, so I was content to just lie face down and ignore the world.

But I knew that my peace wouldn't last long.

The door opened and I felt someone lie on my back. The musky scent told me that it was Alex and I held back the sigh.

"So I noticed that you were talking to one of the chicks from the meet and greet. Do you know her?"

"In a sense."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I hesitated. "Charlia." His tone was one of warning, so I simply sighed.

"She's one of the people bullying me." I muttered and the next thing I knew, I was still lay on the couch, but Alex had shifted us and turned me around. I guess being short and light worked to his advantage of moving me around.

My face was against his chest and I refused to look at him, scared that if I did, I'd start to cry.

"Hey kiddo. Look at me." His fingers hooked under my chin and he gently pulled my face up so I had no option but to look at him. "Is that why you just left?" I simply nodded and I pressed my lips together to stop the tears.