Chapter Four

September 27th

I'd never seen Jake so angry. I was so terrified of what would happen because he dragged me in to see the head master the day after.

The past three days I'd been called out of lessons constantly. I was missing out on work which I needed for my exams and this wasn't helping at all.

But as I entered the school this morning, I kept my music folder clutched against my stomach, my eyes watching everyone as they walked past me.

No Casey and no Everett.

I made it to form without any incident. People seemed to be muttering about Casey and Everett but no one said if they were in school or not.

It was in P.E, my second lesson when I heard any news related to the two.

Thankful for Mollie's advice on wearing a plain white vest underneath my school shirt, I was able to get changed without people staring at the words carved onto my stomach and back.

"Did you hear what happened to Casey?" My ears perked up as I sat down on the bench to tie my shoe laces.

"No, I didn't. What's happened?" The second girl's voice sounded familiar. Then I realised with a jolt that it was her 'sidekicks'. Emma and Jess.

"Her mum flipped out. Like, she was furious." Jess supplied as I listened to their conversation.

"What happened?"

"She's grounded, her mum's taken her phone and laptop away from her and apparently, she's being sent to that boarding school up north." The sweet feeling of relief filled my body.

"What about Rett?" Emma's question caused my breath to catch in my throat.

"Don't know. I expect the little freak knows more than we do." I knew instantly that they were talking about me, so I hurried to finish getting changed and I made a quick exit to the door.

All throughout P.E, Jess and Emma were casting me glares, but I paid no attention to them as the trampolines were set up. I deliberately went to the end where I'd be last.

Someone was clearly giving me some luck today, as the bell went before I had to get on. So I didn't waste my time to get back to the changing rooms and change back into the school uniform.

Dropping my kit off in my form room, I carried onto my next class.

It was during my lesson before lunch, Spanish, that I got called to the office again. Bringing my stuff with me, considering there was only fifteen minutes of the lesson left, I made my way to the head's office.

Once there, I knocked on the door and waited patiently before a terse "Come in." came through the door, muffled slightly.

Opening the door, I blinked at the sight before me.

Rosie was there as well as Casey's mum. I stepped forward and sat on the opposite side of Rosie, furthest away from Casey's mum.

"So, Charlia how are you feeling today?"

"Better." I responded quietly and Mr Devile smiled.

"Right then, we shall get onto why you are here. As you said with what Everett Parker had done to you, you also mentioned Casey."

"She has been sorted out, I can assure you." Her mum's voice was stern, angry.

"I fail to see how moving her to a different school with help Casey. Rosie has spoken with the group lawyer who has given her two ultimatums. Subject another child to Casey and Everett's cruel ways or go to the police."