Chapter Fifteen

June 30th

After the stress from my Exams, prom was finally here.

When we'd finished at the family court, I went and celebrated with Rosie. Jake was thrilled, but there was an air of disappointment. I couldn't understand until Rosie explained that now the court case was over, me moving away was most certainly going to happen.

I went back into the throw of school and exams. Ellie backed off completely and left me alone and all of a sudden, I was getting respected by students.

And that was when I realised that I wasn't the same girl. I was confident, loud and I made myself clear. I still remained alone, because I'd seen the kind of fights that friends got into, and I wasn't prepared for that.

Alex was still sending me gifts with each exam that I finished and it was getting to a point where I wanted to tell him off. But I couldn't not after his explanation for it, because he'd made me cry.

He was only giving me what I'd never gotten growing up. Some gifts were really stupid and silly, but they meant something. There were a few bracelets in some, there were photographs as others.

It just made me happy that he cared.

Prom night had finally arrived. Despite Mollie having moved out whilst I was in America, she came back to the home and we Skyped Cass whilst I got ready. She was more than helpful when it came to the make-up department, because I lacked with those skills.

By the time that Mollie was finished with me, I was scared to see the girl in the mirror because I wouldn't know how to react appropriately.

When she stood me in front of the mirror, my jaw literally dropped. I couldn't recognise myself. But I was there.

"Holy shit." I mumbled and Mollie laughed before steering me towards the computer so Cassadee could see.

Her first reaction was to squeal.

"Oh honey, you look so pretty!" I felt my cheeks grow warmer. "Hey Alex, get your butt in here and see how pretty your girl looks." There was a loud bang and I shared a look of amusement with Mollie before looking at the screen once more.

And there he was. Instantly I grinned and he returned it.

"I want a picture please."

"Nope. You get to see me at prom when I finish high school over there." I retorted childishly, sticking my tongue out at him. He simply pouted whilst Cass laughed.

"She has a point. This is her last time with them for a big occasion, so suck it up." And her words struck a nerve in my body.

This was the last big event in my life that they would share with me and then I was gonna be off to America. Giving them a weak smile, I looked to Mollie who grinned at me before pointing to an invisible watch on her wrist, indicating that my time was up.

"Guys, I've gotta go if I want to be on time with everything."

"Always turn up-" Cass covered Alex's mouth with her hand and I couldn't help but laugh.

"Don't you dare tell her to turn up ten minutes late, Alex."

I started laughing before waving goodbye and Mollie helped me into my dress, keeping myself completely aware of my hair and make-up.

Once that was done, I was ready for the few photos that Rosie wanted before I was in Jake's car and we were off.

"People are gonna wish they hadn't been so mean to you." He teased, and I groaned as we made our way to the hotel that had been booked out.