The man with the black hair

Severus

My head was pounding. The endless sleepless nights were really taking its toll on me. I had barely noticed the newest students which had just been sorted into my house. I sighed and looked towards Dumbledore who was introducing the newest professor of performing arts. Performing arts. I still couldn't believe Dumbledore had agreed to that. What a waste of time. I reluctantly glanced towards the latest professor and my heart jolted. I felt completely thrown off guard. She was beautiful. She had olive coloured skin and the biggest brown eyes. Her raven black hair fell in loose curls down her back. She was wearing a skin tight leotard in the darkest emerald green. Her cloak was billowing behind her. I could hear her heels clicking on the hall floor and swallowed hard. I forced myself to look away. What on earth was I thinking?! She had to be at least ten years younger than me. Feeling slightly ashamed of myself, I slowly raised my eyes and watched as a golden hoop materialised out of thin air. Stop it! There's no way she would ever be interested in you, I thought viciously. She had reached for the hoop and was positioning herself. Her body looked so at ease being in the air. I could feel my pulse quicken despite myself. She had paused, obviously waiting for the music to start up. She threw back her head and our eyes met. That's when I felt it. It was like a jolt of electricity running through me. As I looked into those deep, dark brown eyes I knew my life was never going to be the same again. For that tiniest of moments, I felt like or souls were connected somehow. This feeling of being out of control of my emotions really unnerved me. I jumped as the music started up. She pulled her eyes away from mine and began to twirl her body to the beat. I watched her moved with awe. It was truly magnificent to watch her perform. All I could think about was trying to get to know her. I had to talk to her. Find out more about her. But the thought of it made me feel sick to my stomach. I could feel myself getting more and more deflated. There was simply no chance she would ever be interested in me. I had resided myself to the fact that I was an unlovable, unforgiveable human being. It was with a heavy heart that I clapped at the end of her performance. Such a beautiful, carefree creature would never choose a cursed life with me.