The sorting

Phoenix

Eventually we ended up outside Albus Dumbledores office. The huge Griffin was glaring at us, I looked at Severus. " Chocolate frog" He muttered. My eyes widened in surprise. "Really?" I said under my breath. The Griffin began to turn revealing a long winding staircase. Severus and I began to climb. As we reached the headmasters door I knocked loudly. There was no reply. I gently pushed the door open and peered inside the office. I couldn't see anyone so I walked in. The circular room was lovely, light and airy. I could see a variety of silver instruments on shelves on the walls. Then I spotted what we had come for. The sorting hat was nestled on a stool just under the window. I took a deep breath as I reached out my hand and grasped the fraying hat. I glanced at Severus. I felt really nervous but sheer curiosity won over and I stuffed the torn, battered hat onto my head. I realised I was holding my breath.....

"Why...hello there." whispered a raspy voice in my ear. I shrieked. Severus crossed the room and knelt beside me.
"Phoenix Knight. You come to me with a question, but I can see what really lies in your mind." my heart leapt into my throat.
"I want to know what house I belong to!" I asked out loud.
"hmm, very well, let's take a look. I can see your strength. I can sense your determination. You have a lot to prove, don't you? But where does your heart truly lie? Your mind is shrewd, your heart is pure, but who are you?" the hat paused, presumably for dramatic effect. "The one you have chosen is the one, the half that together makes a whole, but as to which house you belong to, I think you're the one outside the law, for when I look into your head, I see a........

Slytherclaw! "

I tore the sorting hat from my head. I was feeling shaky. Blimey, how could an eleven year old bear that! I looked down at Severus, who was watching me intently. "Well? " He asked slowly. "It said I was a Slytherclaw." I said in disbelief. His expression said it all. "Wow. I honestly didn't know that was a possibility." He added as he stood up. "Well you know me," I replied shakily "I don't exactly fit into a 'one size fits all' category." I placed the shabby hat back onto the stool, and looked out of the window. I felt Severus' presence behind me. He was debating about what to do next, so I took matters into my own hands. I groped around for him, when I enclosed my hand in his, I pulled his arms around me. I sighed as I snuggled back into his body. His arms were strong and despite his reputation, I felt completely safe within his embrace. I nuzzled my head into his chest. I slowly turned round to look up at him and felt my body stir with longing. He bent his head lower. The ends of his hair were tickling my face. I raised my hand and tucked the stray strands of hair behind his ear. Then I slowly let my hand drop, stroking his beautiful pale face as it went. The words of the sorting hat were ringing in my ears.
"The one you have chosen, is the one, the half that together makes a whole." I had never wanted anything or anyone more than I wanted him right now.
"Severus." I breathed. "I want you." I felt his body stiffen beneath our embrace. He very gently placed his hands upon my cheeks and around my head. Then kissed me. A deep, passionate kiss that made my soul soar. His hands were caressing my back and hips. Then suddenly, he lifted me up and sat me down on Dumbledores desk. He ran his hands up my thighs. I opened my legs and pulled him closer. I felt his arousal digging into me, I could barely contain myself. I knocked over a stack of papers as I shifted my hips up towards him. He moaned as I gently nipped his ear. Then all of a sudden I heard muffled voices coming from the staircase. Severus leapt off and pulled me to my feet. We hastily straightened our clothes and stepped away from the desk. I looked over Severus and stepped in front of him so I could give him a few precious minutes to calm himself down. Moments later Albus Dumbledore and Minerva Mcgonagall walked through the door. They stopped when they saw Severus and I. "Headmaster, Severus and I came to see the sorting hat. I was curious as to which Hogwarts house I would be placed in." I was aware I was babbling, but my body was flooded with endorphins and adrenaline. I couldn't help myself. "I see." replied Dumbledore in an amused voice. "Did you get the answer that you were looking for?" He asked as his twinkling eyes fell upon the stack of papers that was now lying on the floor. I gave a nervous giggle. "Well, the most incredible thing happened Headmaster." I continued, "call me Albus." He interrupted, "sorry, Albus." I corrected myself. "The sorting hat actually said that I'm a Slytherclaw! " I looked at him in anticipation. His eyebrows shot up. "Is that so." He replied. " I never knew that was a possibility." Severus says as he stepped out from behind me. "It's not unheard of. Especially if the person being sorted is an adult. You tend to be more stuck in your views as an adult, so you can certainly be a combination of more than one house. As a child you're more impressionable, so it's easier to define who you could be. There's more potential so to speak." Dumbledore smiled at me. "But it is rare." I looked at Albus Dumbledore. "A slytherclaw." He repeated.
" congratulations Professor Knight." He beamed. I bowed my head. "Thank you Albus." I looked up at Severus. "I better get back to my classes. Did you fancy walking back with me? " I waited with baited breath. Minerva Mcgonagall and Albus Dumbledore were also watching him intently. "Yes of course." He replied stiffly. "Minerva, Albus." He gave each of them a curt nod before following me out of the door. As we reached the Griffin at the bottom of the staircase I leaned into him, " I can't wait til next time." I whispered then I smiled my biggest smile and headed back to the great hall.