A private lesson

A.N-the pic above is how I imagine Phoenix and Severus' cottage. :-D It's from St Fagans Welsh history museum. Wales, UK.

Phoenix

Severus had moved his belongings into the cottage and I had almost moved all my things. It felt like I was walking on cloud nine. It's funny that when you are insanely happy, time seems to slip away from you. Before I knew it February was upon us. My friendship with Earnest was blossoming. (much to Severus' annoyance) I loved spending time with him. He was such a good listener. On one particular evening I was sat at the teachers table deep in conversation with him about the different dance styles I was attempting with my higher set dance classes. "I think they would really enjoy Salsa" I said as I continued to cut up my dinner. "It's alright for some" he said gruffly "I can barely keep a rhythm, not with these two left feet." he added dismally. I threw him an incredulous look. "Earnest, you do realise you are talking to a dance teacher" I said sarcastically. "I'll be more than happy to show you how to throw out some moves!" He raised one eyebrow. " really!?" he asked. "Of course." I replied. " Listen why don't you come for a lesson after lunch tomorrow. My next class won't be til 2.30pm. So I could  definitely squeeze you in." His eyebrows drew together in concentration, "I only have a year 3 defense class after lunch, so I can definitely be yours for an hour or two." he smiled. I looked up as Severus entered the Hall. Earnest followed my gaze. "He's quite something isn't he? " he added. I glanced at him but his expression was difficult to read. " Yes he is." I replied as I flashed Severus a smile while he took the spare seat next to me. I glanced at Earnest then Severus, the two men who I adored and couldn't help but feel like the luckiest girl in the world.

I was stretching out my arms and legs when I heard the doors creak open and Earnest slipped inside. He looked on edge and he held his cloak tightly wrapped around himself. "Earnest!" I cried. "I'm glad you made it." I beamed as he walked towards me. "I've been looking forward to this all day" he admitted in a low whisper. "Alright, first things first, we need to warm up." I replied. Earnest looked at me in slight panic. "come on don't be shy" I teased. He stared at me for a couple minutes as if he was mentally assessing me, before slowly unfurling himself from his cloak. I felt my jaw drop as I took in the sight before me. Earnest was wearing nothing but a pair of skin tight, black leggings which left absolutely nothing to the imagination. His bare chest was completely smooth. He clearly worked out because his muscles were taunt and well defined. "Oh wow! Earnest you look incredible! " He smiled shyly but said nothing. After the warm up I sat him down and began to show him how to dance to a rhythm. "You have to listen to the beat and move your body along with it" I said as I got him up and attempting to keep a rhythm. He was struggling and starting to get frustrated. "come here"  I offered gently. "Put your hands on my hips." His hands were hot and firm against me. I slowly began to step forwards and back making sure my hips were swaying slowly, so he could try and keep up. It didn't take him long to fall into a comfortable rhythm with me. "That's it Earnest! Keep it up! " I cried encouragingly. I picked up the tempo slightly. He was almost there, when the door flew open.
"I KNEW IT! " bellowed the terrible voice of Severus.