5. hidden apologies

A/N: Shoutout to MoonTalker97 for being my first commenter. I love comments.

Enjoy ;)

  ~~~~~~

C H A P T E R  F I V E:
hidden apologies

~~~~~~

M A T C H E S

About an hour into the movie, thing one and thing two popped up and Patrick and Daisy were whispering about the nanny. Livator had scooted closer to me and Gezabelle had shifted to talk to Hubert who didn't talk much. So everybody was doing their own thing and Livator didn't mind if someone glanced at us. Our hands were still tightly wound and his shoulder was behind mine, his head against my shoulder. "M-Matches?" He mumbled, his eyes closing,

"Yeah?"

"Can you put your hand on my back again?" His face rubbed gently on my shoulder.

His fresh air wafted through my system, "We're surrounded by people." I whispered into his ear.

He groaned softly and nodded, lifting his head up and continuing to watch the movie. A second after, there was a knock on the door and then Opel popped his head in. "Sorry to bother you guys but Alpha needs Livator and his friend." He pointed looked at Livator and me.

My mate gave me a confused look before standing and letting our hands slip apart. I hurried to follow him, waving a goodbye as they chorused theirs. We walked down the same hallway except this was crowded and bustling with wolves of all ages. Pups were playing tag and bumping into other adults who were talking seriously about some matter. I noticed a few kids our age pointing towards Opel, Livator, and I, laughing and whispering to each other. No one dared to say anything aloud though because a member of the alpha family was following closely in front of me. My head dropped at the thought that I was subjecting Livator to my treatment. He didn't deserve points and laughs.

We pushed through the crowd and downstairs, where the Elders had disappeared and so had Livators brother, lucky for me. He was my respected soon to be Alpha but he scared the shit out of me. I guess that's why he would be the leader.

Opel knocked on the door, opening it after a hard 'Come in'. I walked in behind Livator with my head down, not wanting to cause anymore trouble. "Thank you, Opel, you may go." We stood silently in front of his desk, my head still pointing towards the floor.

"It's been a while Matches." My head flew up and I saw the Alpha. He was tall as he stood behind his desk, his black curly hair hinted with grey. He had his hands clasped in front of him, dominance radiating from him. He still looked the way he looked since I first came here. "How's your mother and father?"

Surprised by his kindness, I stuttered to come up with an answer, "They're j-just fine, Sir."

He smiled, "Good. Send my regards to them. How are you?"

Shock was hidden deeply under my skin, "I'm okay, what about you?"

A deep chuckle radiated from his mouth, "I am okay, too. I'm glad you found your way back to the pack house."

I nodded, now noticing Parlia crossing his arms a few feet from the Alphas desk, his eyes squinted. He looked wary to have me in the room. When Parlia moved his gaze from me to Livator, it seemed lighter, like he was simply glancing at his brother, before his eyebrows raised and his mouth flew open. He was staring at something on Livator and I followed his gaze to see...