50. i know my mate

A/N: Long time no kill, my beauties.

I'm back with a probably not satisfying enough chapter, but today's the day of the dead. How could I not bestow upon you our werewolf babes?

Plus, we hit the ol' five o today. I couldn't think of a better day to post our fiftieth than on the 31 of October. To hot werewolves, metalicy plastic vampire teeth, and the abc (freeform who?) countdown marathon.

Please do...

Enjoy ;)

~~~~~~

C H A P T E R  F I F T Y:
i know my mate

~~~~~~

M A T C H E S

Left shoulder. Duck. Right hip. Step back. Creak in fist. Catch.

"Woah, Jamie! He's kicking your ass!" Thomas crackles, his shoulders shaking against Dimitri's knees.

Jamie, offering a quick glare towards the group huddled around our patch of grass, growling breathlessly, "I can see that, Tom, thanks."

Knee. Push down. Hands up. Lock in her elbows. Elbow her face.

The whole crowd winces as she rubs her face, sighing heavily, "I'm supposed to be the leader of the warriors, what the fuck."

I can't help smirking, jumping around her to keep my blood pumping, "And I'm supposed to be the Alpha." I avoid her swatting as she suppresses her grin.

"You win, congrats." With a deep breath, she falls into the grass beside her mate. "Next."

"Next?! He's been fighting for hours!" Thomas gapes at her and she slaps his pointing hand.

Dimitri offers me a water bottle, and I drop my hands from my chest, eagerly taking the liquid. It had to be almost six by now, the spring light still pushed across the sky, and I'd been out here since two, practicing all the moves I'd learned from the leading mates. My shoulders ached from yesterday's tension workout Yel had put me through and my skin gleamed with sweat from today's blistering sun but I still felt the adrenaline fueled excitement rush through me, prompting me to move, to defend, to strike. And even if I couldn't keep going, I would.

"He'll keep going." One look from her and I pick my hands up again. We had the same idea, the same thought whirling around in our heads, going back to the table from two weeks ago. The looks on their faces, the hope robbed from them, I know I had to keep fighting, not just to get the moves down.