9. inevitable

A/N: This is a little baby chapter so enjoy the inevitable. Their secret didn't last very long...

Enjoy ;)

~~~~~~

C H A P T E R  N I N E:
inevitable

~~~~~~

L I V A T O R

I knew this would happen. I knew marking him would have consequences. But I did it anyways.

And now he's laying in the pack medical office, under a layer of blankets, a IV trailing down to his wrist.

The panic of seeing that, my mark on him, was bomb worthy. The way it weaved visibly under his skin, going over his shoulder and down the back of his shoulder, making it all the way to the middle of half his chest. I couldn't drive fast enough, throwing the door open and sprinting towards the front door of the pack house. Barely anyone was there, most already down a mile to the pack picnic. That's why we'd come after school today, so we could be alone together. So no one could know.

I didn't care that's I'd thrown open the door, my shirt on backwards, my voice high and scared. I didn't care that my dad rushed from his office in confusion.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

I wanted to say everything. "Doctor!" I yelled, "Get the doctor!" I wanted to say everything.

Seeing my panic, my father just pursed his lips and turned, running towards the picnic.

I was so, so, so lucky that my dad had been home. So lucky that no one had to see me with tears running down my face, my hands holding onto my mates face, each shaking. They washed over him, careful not to touch his mark. They checked him for other things that weren't the purple vines and their origin.

I watched his face, which was too white, unmoving and I held it, him, until the doctor was there, my father tearing me from him. The doctor, even with a man that size, couldn't lift Matches. They changed positions, my dad caring my mate over his shoulder, everyone rushing towards the house and into the doctors office.

That was thirty minutes ago. After doc had put in the IV and checked his vitals, he went into my fathers office, where they talked about God knows what. He refused to talk to me, ordering the doctor not to either. He'd given me a smile but that's about it.

Holding his hand, I held it against my lips, "You're gonna be okay, baby." I mumbled, leaning closer, I kissed his cheek, "You'll be okay." I'm not sure if that was assurance for me or for him.

I might have overreacted, but my mate was passed out with a patchwork of something that wasn't supposed to come from a marking covering his shoulder, my wolf was crying out to his. Getting nothing back. I thought he'd died. Or he was going to.

Nothing has gotten me this scared, this panicked.

The door pushed open, the doctor and my father walking through. Doc Williams smiled at me, walking to the other side of the bed and lifting the blanket from his shoulder. Pulling my hand away from his, even as my wolf yelled at me, I looked up at my father.

"Who's his mate?" He asked, no emotion in his voice.

Lowering my head, I swallowed, "Dad-"

"Who?" His voice demanded to be answered, no exceptions or Id be punished.

Glancing at my passed out mate, I felt tears prick my eyes, "Me." I whispered.

"Who?!" He yelled, making me jump in my seat.

I continued looking at him, "Dad-" I started to plead but he growled, shaking his head.

"Out of all the people in the world, it's a Michealson?" He scorned disapprovingly at me.

The doctor, inspected the imperfection silently. "Dad, I couldn't just choose." I whispered.

He crossed his arms over his chest, "You could have rejected him."

Shaking my head imeaditly, I looked defiantly up at my father, "No, I couldn't have. It would have killed me."

He scoffed, "Don't pull that card. You knew who he was, who he is. You should have done it as soon as you saw him."

Clenching my jaw, I look defiantly away from him, turning towards my mate. "What's wrong, Williams?" I ask, gazing at my mark.

He sighs, shrugging, "This looks like something only magic could do, Sir." He pursed his lips, "We'll have to get the elders but he's going to be fine for now. All his vitals look okay."

Nodding, I teeter fully towards my mate, fianally finding the confidence to hold his hand.

I don't think I ever want to let it go again.

~~~

M A T C H E S

I can't see anything. I can't feel anything. But I hear voices. They're very far away.

"I couldn't have." I make out. Looking for my wolfs reaction, I find he's wining, yelling for something.

Suddenly I'm not surrounded by dark anymore, but a field. My body is smaller, I wear formal clothes. A tiny suit.

A tall man stands in front of me.

"Stay." He says

"What?" I ask, confused.

He furrows his old brow, lines appearing, "You have to stay."

"Why?"

Shaking his head, He reaches over and holds my shoulders strongly, his hands big, warm, authoritative, "He's winning. You must stay."

"But I can't-" he shakes his head.

"Yes you can." His hand Ruffles my hair lightly, before it leaves. The field disappears, leaving tiny, little me surrounded by darkness and confusion.

And I'm awake.

~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I wonder what that was all about...

But anyway, I'd like you tell me what it was. What do you think happened in that little dream? What's going on? Are you mad that he found out? Is their love a little too deep for meeting two days ago? It's all up to you and how you interpret it, I'd just like to hear your interpretations.

Well, this was it...

~Parlor