42. blue eyed

A/N: I'm back from my little lacuna and I may or may not really have something that kind of makes sense. Yes, I know I say that a lot, but now...now you can scream at me only minimally.

I'll let you get to the show, this chapters quite extensive. Love you and...

Enjoy ;)

~~~~~~

C H A P T E R  F O R T Y-T W O:
blue eyed

~~~~~~

M A T C H E S

Jamie cut her hair.

Shaved it all off and left it buzzed, walking into my room like it was nothing, "Are you going to that party?" She had her hands stuffed in her pockets and was taking a look at my bookshelf.

"Uh...um..." I couldn't stop staring at her hair. I wasn't sure what it was, but the buzz seemed so...

"Buzz, buzz, I'm not anthophilous, Matches." She glared at me behind her shoulder, "Stop staring."

I scratched at me neck, trying to wipe away the drowsiness, "I'm sorry, but...what-"

Jamie suddenly stood, dropping beside me on my bed, "Do you like it?" She ran her fingers through it, grinning wildly.

I shifted, turning towards her as she smiled at me, "Uh, yeah, sure, just...why?"

She paused, reaching over slowly. I watched as she took my hand, holding it like she was a mom, "Match, let's be little free."

I furrowed my brow. Why the hell was she smiling like that? Sure, she was generally a happy person but this is excessive. "Free? Wait, why are you so-"

"I'm enjoying my taste of freedom, Matty." She tapped my hand, standing and going back to my bookshelf, "I also may be a bit high, but-" I got a smirk over the shoulder this time, "freedom nonetheless. About that party; you going?"

I sighed, "While I'd love to see a bunch of drunk and reckless teenage wolves play beer pong and hump, I'm gonna spend the night binge watching Game of Thrones with Tyler."

"Really?" She popped up again, suddenly with a book in hand, "All your favorite characters die and people fight for the throne. There's incest, blood, and dragons. There you go, binge watching done." She showed me the book, a manga; I am a Hero. I nodded and she flipped to the first page, "You need to come."

Chuckling, I shook my head, "He said no exceptions-"

"You know what I think?" I looked up, her fingers flipping through the pages so fast, I swear she wasn't even reading, "I think you need to relax."

"Relax?"

"Yes. Relax." She shut the book, looking up at me seriously, "Let's look at your situation-"

"Jamie..." I didn't want to talk about how bad everything was. I knew, hell, I knew.

She stared at me, raising her eyebrow, "Let's look at your situation; You have night terrors about Goddess knows what, you've got no mate-"