34. history

A/N: Today is the day.

If you're confused, this chapter triggers the answers. And today is the day we learn about the characters that are too important to miss.

P.S. Just in case you were wondering, history is my favorite subject.

~~~~~~

C H A P T E R
T H I R T Y-F O U R:
history

~~~~~~

L I V A T O R

'He held her still, caressing her cheek as gently as he could, as he was afraid of breaking his most precious-'

Look up. Look back down.

'-jewel. As if she was something he'd worked so hard for and was just now getting to admire-"

Look up. Look back down.

I've been doing this for quite some time, glancing up from my book and I'm aware of why, but I can't seem to stop. This worry cohabiting with my heart within my chest seemingly never ending. And I'm sure I knew what I was afraid of. But I didn't want to admit to it.

'Oh how blind he'd been, just now seeing how he'd been tricked into thinking he didn't love her with every cell within himself-'

Look up. Look-

There it was, the clinking of the lunch room door opening revealing the source of his - my worries and something else.

More importantly, someone else.

Mindy Anderson, known for her long legs and glowing dark skin. Known for having the curls of a goddess. Known for grades that sure as hell have surpassed my own. Known for being a clingy, slimy, little bit-

"Oh, sure." Matches just handed his phone to the devil, who was now pressing her nasty fingers against it, putting in her phone number. I sipped my milk, rolling my eyes.

Her stupid giggle could be heard a mile away, "You're so cute."

Spitting, I hurried to hide myself behind the wall that cozily hid the bench I'd decided to eat on. Cleaning up my shirt, I heard her hand it back to him, "See you then, silly. I'll text you." What the hell?

"...silly?"

~~~

"I'd say being pregnant isn't all that bad." Retty laughed hearitly as Frankie held her stomach, swinging her legs over the kitchen counter.

Opening the fridge, Retty pulled out some ice cream, "I mean, Its okay. But you've got a mate. I'm just pregnant."

Abby chuckled, grabbing three spoons, "I had no idea."

"But it's cool! I can play music to him and sing him songs and I don't have to see if he hates classical yet." I shook my head, taking the ice cream carton from a struggling Retty, popping it open.

She sighed, taking it back, "Thanks, honey. You're such a big help around here."

Smirking, I pick up my rag again, scrubbing away at the pan I'd just used to cook the three very pregnant women grilled cheese. I was weak to their pleas, especially when they held their bellies, as if their babies were also calling for my famous, gooey grilled cheese. "It's my life's work to please you, ladies." Abby grabbed my neck, kissing me on the cheek before taking a bite out of the ice cream.