39. a little feverish

A/N: Hey, so, it's your main bitch back at it again with your favorite queens.

Well, maybe only two this chapter, but we're getting there.

Enjoy ;)

~~~~~~

C H A P T E R
T H I R T Y-N I N E:
a little feverish

~~~~~~

L I V A T O R

"Oh my god!"

All the rustling of paper stops and our eyes find themselves on Jamie, "You can't keep screaming, Jam."

She waves me off, leaning over to Oliver, "Read this."

Dimitri crosses his arms over his chest, rolling his eyes, "I'd also like to know what the screaming is about, thanks."

Oliver smirked, gently taking the aging paper from Jamie's hands, " 'January 1906; Elwood is healthy, incredibly so. He's grown tall and strong, his once small stature barely having any resemblance to his current state. It seems that the dyed veins are still spreading, slowly, but over a few months, they've gone an inch or two. Klovel suspects the witches again. There've been sightings in the woods and Klovel makes sure he knows where his heir is all the time. Elwood says he sees a teenager in the woods sometimes. But he's only just looking. It might be the side effect of the opium Jus is giving him to help the pain.' That sounds a little fishy..."

Dimitri scoffed, "It was probably written by that dick-face." Dick-face was Dimitri's name for Sherman, and for us it was rightfully so.

"That's the problem with these. They're so barebones that we barely know what's going on." Oliver sighed, looking to me, holding up the small paper.

I nodded, wiping my hands down my face tiredly. They were all confusing. All terribly vague. It seemed too important to have three tiny entries written every month or so. And of course we knew why. Sherman. He was messing with them, telling the truth but making the weird things have obvious explanations that seemed too obvious. He made it impossible to make anything out. Anything solid.

With a sigh, Dimitri stood, "I think that's our que. We found nothing good today. We started at 5 and it's midnight." He gave me an eyebrow, walking around the table to his hesitant mate, "Come on, Ollie, I want to at least fuck once before school."

Flushing beat red, he let Dimitri drag him to his feet, "Why do you always do that?"

He furrowed his brow, placing his hand on Olivers back, "What?"

Oliver slapped Dimitri's chest hard, causing him to cough several times, a laugh coming through. "See you guys later. We're meeting again Friday, right?" Oliver asked.

"Friday? But that's our all-night fu-" Dimitri ended in more coughs.

"Yeah, see you then." I smiled, watching them walk up the stairs of Gavin's basement.

Jamie smiled, leaning back in her chair, "They are the cutest."

"...yeah..." and I went back to reading, rubbing the heel of my palm against my aching chest.

~~~

I never got sick. Ever. With my father's genes, it was nearly impossible. The closest I ever got was a tiny cough when I was in sixth grade. I never stayed home from school and hell, I never even faked. My dad knew better, everyone knew better than to think I, Livator Delimino, got sick.