49. a red so suiting - part two

A/N: Is there a way apologies for not updating can have any stance in court? I went back over my other chapters while writing this baby and let me tell you, I like to joke about my inefficiency in updating quite a lot. And my death but I'm sure that's just usual teenage angst leaking out into the book, no worries.

This chapter... I'm actually, for once, proud of myself and my writing in this one. It probably still sucks ass, but I worked that ass off and tried to make this the best it could be.

If you are ready to murder, just remember that violence doesn't get you any-

Oh. Oops.

Enjoy ;)

~~~~~~

C H A P T E R
F O U R T Y-N I N E:
a red so suiting
part 2

~~~~~~

jus: alfred wasn't just a wolf.

He was as tall as Klovel had been, Elwood noticed, watching his foreign feet scratch the mud beneath him. It was quite a sight, a confident man in the pouring rain, a smirk slimed across his face, and the Alpha shifted on his humungous paws, his own nerves wearing only slightly on his demeanor.

Elwood watched the man closely, listening to all the other wolves crawl their way from the woods and into the open land. He knew his own wolves were nervous in their own right, their heart beats risen and ready for the battle that was being laid out in front of them.

black: there were so many of them. we were severely outnumbered.

They were truly surrounded with Alfred at the head of them, his eyes sparkling with excitement. Elwood, on the other hand, stripped himself of his fear, only leaving dark eyes and and a wolf on edge in its wake. Alfred wanted to laugh at how taunt the Alpha looked, so serious in a serious event. But Alfred never wanted to lose his smile. He liked how happy he was with his plan in action, his hybrids and witches at his side. It was all too exciting to not be seen in his features.

He slowly let each of his steps sink into the growing mud, his toes curling against the ground, "Hello again, old friend."

Elwood just stared at him. Even if he wasn't in his wolf form, there wouldn't be a reply anyway. It didn't seem like it'd help knowing why he was attacking them, even if he was curious.

Alfred saw that there would be no answer and chuckled, "You're probably wondering why we're here. You may understand after you know who I am." His smirk was sickly, "Alfred Balow, Sherman Balow's first born."

He didn't want to show his surprise, but he couldn't help stepping back, his paws soaking in the mud. Sherman. It's been years since he's thought of him, the man that detested him enough to turn on his pack. He'd sometimes wonder what had happened to the man since not once had he'd come back. It was now clear what he had been doing the whole time.

"Nothing? Not even a peep?" Alfred pouted, his eyes trailing to all the wolves watching the edge of the woods closely, seeing all his wolves crawl from its clutches. "You are becoming less and less exciting, Elwood. Not at all like my father described."

He took a step closer, drawing a deep growl from the Alphas throat, "Oh, there he is. Little Ms. Alpha. What a pleasure it is to be standing in your presence. Chosen by the goddess, you are. So precess you must be to your pack." He seethed, his once excited expression morphing to one of absolute anger.