12. i need

A/N: I feel like you guys spoil me too much. We're at 1.6k *squeals* *apologies* *pushes lovely reader to the next line embarrassingly*

Happy Day of the Dead, my readers.

Enjoy ;)

~~~~~~

C H A P T E R  T W E L VE:
i need

~~~~~~

L I V A T O R

Shaking him wasn't enough anymore. His skin was pale and his chest barely rose with every breath.

My wolf was howling, telling me obvious things, so much so that I just tuned him out, turning Matches onto his back and cradling his head in my lap. "Come on, baby, wake up." I whispered, shaking him.

I felt my eyes get wet and I took a deep breath, run my thumb along his cheek, "Just wake up, please." Before I could control it, a tear rolled down my face, landing on his cheek. How'd I let this happen? What even happened? I'm not sure what it was, but this feeling in the pit of my stomach ached. It burned and tore at me as I stared into the face of my unconscious mate.

His eyes were closed, his body limp and too warm. I pulled him closer, sure that that terrible feeling had never rocked through me before. Never taken my breath and stolen my hope. I shook, visibly, as I held him close, my wolf begging for him to wake up. "I need you." My whisper was barely audible, even to me, and my throat closed as I wiped the drop away quickly.

Then there were footsteps, lots of them, fast and urgent running up the stairs outside of my room. My door flung open and my father had his claws and fangs out, thinking that my call was a signal of my danger. "Ugh." He groaned when he saw Match in my arms, walking into the room and crossing his arms as the Elders filed into my room. They all had there eyes changed already.

Elder Res slicked forward, his old skin flopping form his face. "What seems to be the problem?" None of them seemed as urgent as me, my eyes still wet with worry.

"He-he collapsed all of a sudden and- and he's barely breathing!" I pushed out, my fingers running through his soft hair.

Glancing up at me, he nodded. Elder Violet rose a brow, moving to the other side of us, "Are you two mates?"

Lowering my head, I nodded, my eyes grazing his face.

Elder Yel scooted forward, pushing up his glasses, "Let me take a look." Due to him being the youngest of all seven Elders, he was quite agile, stepping over an unconscious Matches and squatted comfortably beside me, his feet free from shoes.

Elder White, in all her prestigious glory, swung her sheer shaw around her shoulders. "Due to the recent events and new comings-" she shot a quick glare at my father who rolled his eyes, "-I'm quite sure this has something to do with you."

Smiling kindly, Elder Oma leaned against the door frame, pulling her dreadlocks over on the opposite shoulder, "We don't know for sure, but I think we could have a better conversation when he's not tearing up with his white mate in his arms." She exited shiftly, Elder Yel looking after her.

He stood, "I think she's right." He stared towards the door, "Let's head out."

Everyone left swiftly, leaving me with my heavy mate and father. Biting my lip, I didn't have any choice but to ask. "Uh, dad?"

He glanced at Matches and sighed, struggling to lift him over his shoulder, "He's heavy." My father strained, trudging out of the room and down the stairs.