Chapter 5

Previously in: Stay With Me (Just a note: When "Michael" is put somewhere, it's supposed to be "Mal" I was stupid enough to put "Michael" instead of "Mal" for this whole part of the last chapter... when it get's to the actual chapter, "Michael" is Michael, and "Mal" is Mal. K? K.)

"Hey, Ashton?" "What!" Gosh.. Why is he so harsh all of a sudden? "Why the hell are you so harsh all of a sudden?" "Oh. I see what you're doing. Pretending like you don't remember that fight we had a couple days ago? Fine. Be that way." "Ash." I said it like I was mad at him, and I was. I was very mad at my boy- I mean.. My best friend because of this. (wow... That plot twist though.) Ashton just came up to me and slapped me. Extremely hard. (You: Why? First Muke now Cashton?!? WHY, MAL- AUTHOR?!! WHY?!??! Me: Calm down. Go read some Muke/Cashton fan-fictions if you don't like this) "W-what happened?" I say, sitting up in what looks like a hospital bed. "Did Ashton hit me that hard?" I asked, looking up. The first person I saw was Michael. "At least he has a memory" I heard Michael whisper to Luke. "Uh.. Yeah. I looked, and I saw Ashton crying. I ran over to him to see what was wrong, but I saw you lying on the floor. Ash said he had slapped you, but he didn't mean to. Apparently you pissed him off." Michael explains to me. I asked him where Ashton was, but he didn't know. For all I know, Ash could be in his room by himself. And Ashton alone in his room, or anywhere at this point, is not good. "Is he alone?" I asked, sitting back up because I had lay back when Michael was talking. "Yeah, I think." "You need to make sure he's okay. He ends up almost, or sometimes in, a hospital every time he's alone by himself. This is one of the times he would end up in the hospital. If he doesn't answer his phone the first time you call him, you need to go straight to his house because if you try again, he will be NEEDING to go to the hospital by the time you get there. If you try once, you might have enough time before he needs to, but you might wanna take him here either way. Ash always picks up when he's not-" "Ash??? Are you okay?!" I hear Luke say. Luke puts it on speaker. "Uhh.. Yeah. I'm fine. Just sad about Cal, that's all." I hear Ashton say, and I mouth a 'go find him right now, and bring him to me' to Michael. Michael nods, and runs to go find Ashton. [(A/N): This was the prev. SWM before I fixed it. I'm so bad as to put the wrong names in here... wow... I meant "Mal" instead of "Michael" for all of that part... well then... sorry, Ash Pals]

------------------------

Mal's POV

Calum told me to go and find Ashton. Knowing Ash, he's probably at his house, in his room, all by himself. The only other place I know he would go to was- "Mal?!" I hear an unfamiliar voice say. "It's been a long time since I've saw you!" I hear the voice say again. I look over to see Austin. I guess it has been a long time. I forgot what he sounded like. "Austin?!" I say, looking shocked. "I need to go find Ash-" "Can I come with?" Austin says. I guess he didn't hear my slip. I almost said Ashton. Meaning Ashton Irwin. Me and Austin know a different Ashton, but we don't like him that much. We know multiple Ashton's actually. Besides Ashton Irwin, that is. Austin hasn't met 5SOS yet. "So, who are we looking for?' Austin asks, trying to go as fast as me. I'm just that fast. "Just a friend." I tell him. I didn't lie. Ash is a friend. Austin just doesn't know that I'm talking about that friend. "Which friend?" Austin asks. I want to stop running to tell him about everything, but I'm too focused on finding Ashton. "Hey, can you stay here? Ash- uh.. My friend doesn't like being around people he doesn't know. We're about a mile away, but I can go the rest on my own." I say. I know I just lied to one of my best friends, but I don't have the time. Right after I said that, I ran off. I looked back to see Austin walking back to his house. "OH, AND TEXT CAMDYN!" I yell, stopping while I said that. I continue running to Ashton's house when the thought comes to mind again. The only other place he would be at a time like this is at- "OMG YOU'RE MICHAEL CLIFFORD'S GIRLFRIEND!" A random person shouts. I just run by her, ignoring her. WILL PEOPLE STOP DOING THAT?!?! The only other place Ashton could be is- "I heard a scream." I quietly say. It sounded like Ashton. I run faster to where the only other place Ash would be at a time like this. In the field. The field that me and Camdyn would come to when we were bored. We would occasionally see this dork cry. Camdyn made fun of him every now and then, saying his glasses were too big. I honestly thought it was cute. "ASHTON!" I yell as I get into the field. I see Ashton. He's crying in the same spot he used to when he was younger. By the woods. "ASHTON!" I yell, running over to Ashton, who I could barely see from where I was at. Me and Camdyn used to sit in the middle of the field, where you could see everyone and everything that was in the field at the moment. The memories came back to me. I got a text, but I ignored it. It was from Michael. I knew it was because I gave him a special ringtone. Michael's was him singing "She Looks So Perfect", but he changed the lyrics a bit. His was "You look so perfect standing there in my 5SOS shirt and a hoodie!" Because I was wearing a hoodie with a 5SOS shirt underneath it, and Michael decided to record himself singing that to me. Somebody online made it into a ringtone, and I decided to make it the ringtone when he texts me. "Ashton! Are you okay?" I say, hugging Ashton. I guess he's been here crying for a while because his face had tear stains on it. I also think he cut because his shirt was bloody. He also had about 10 bracelets on. One of them I think was from a fan. I read it after I hugged him. "Wrists are for bracelets, not for cutting" I read what the bracelet said out loud. "Why'd you do it if one of your fans gave you this?" I said, grabbing the bracelet from his wrist, and held it in the air. "I-I-I... the memories came back to me. I always have a pocket-knife with me. Not because I'm always tempted to, and I will whenever nobody can see me. I have it with me because I often get things I need to open, but I usually forget where I put my knife, so I have it with me!" Ashton says. I don't believe him though. "Okay... You're coming back home. Come on, Cal's worried about you. Also, what did he say that pissed you off so much you had to hit him?" I said, pulling Ash up off the ground. "Well..."