Chapter 6- Feelings and family returns

For a week everyone kept their distance. I couldn't blame them, I had been deceiving everyone. Nicholia and Nicholie decided training with me wasn't the best idea. I was angry, and always pouting about something. They didn't want to take their chances. Dad had told Kaleb and Travis to keep an eye on me, while I was locked in my room, until dinner or a family meeting. I wasn't able to speak during the meetings. But everyone else had a say in the matter. Kaleb didn't like that I didn't have a choice, but he couldn't do anything about it.

So, as I sat in my room, watching outside at the snow falling outside, I noticed a figure under the only holly tree Grams had in the yard. It was not of our people. I noticed its tall slim figure and its dark complexion. It didn't look like anyone on our side, at all. If I didn't know any better I'd say it was, Josh. That was impossible, he would go into hiding before he'd be seen by one of us. But what if he was there, waiting for me? I couldn't tell.

I looked closely out of my window, which by the looks, I could jump right out of it. It was only ten feet off the ground. I wouldn't hurt myself jumping. Plus the snow was thick, at least five inches, so I'd be safe. The figure turned to me, and when I saw him, I almost panicked because the boy I saw, scared me to the depths. He had the same blue eyes, the same dark skin, and the same brown hair as he did before he died.

"Luke," I said a little too loud. I heard someone ask from behind the door if I was okay, I answered telling them everything was great. Luke, had returned. But somehow he looked, different. Almost, glowing. Like the light had been restored to him, for a purpose. He was, if I had to guess, an Angel.

I opened my window, slowly, making sure it didn't screech. I grabbed my jacket from the bed, locked the door from the inside, and walked back over to the window. I placed myself in the window, sliding myself from the window to the ground. The air hit me, for a second, before I dropped to my feet into the ice-cold snow. He must've noticed, because he peered in my direction, keeping out of sight. His face, glowing with a smile. He looked so clean and pure.

"Vannie, it's been too long," He said as his arms stretched to embrace me in a thoughtful hug. I gladly took it. He was changed, and I don't know how.

"How I thought the demon killed you," I said releasing him. He nodded to me and began explaining.

"The council thought I should come back, when I died I did it to save Karla, and my sacrifice rewarded me with a choice, to stay immortal as a vampire, or to come back immortal as an angel, so I knew I had to choose from my heart, and I chose to come back because You guys needed me," He said. It made sense that the council would do that.

"So, you chose to come back, because you wanted to help us," I said, making it seem rhetorical.

"Yes, but as of now, I'm not to be seen or heard from anyone else, I have to wait until the precise moment, so only you can see or hear from me," He said, "Promise me you will tell no one."

"I promise."

After that, he decided he'd best go and let me get back inside. I had no idea how, but he carried me to my window, and then took off, like a bird in the sky. He would protect us, by watching out for us. It was the best possible way to look out for us. And not only did I like the idea of Luke being alive, but he was now to speak to me only.

A few minutes in, Kaleb had come prying through the door. Of course, I had to explain, I locked it, to change my clothes, which I did. My pajamas. He didn't like the idea, but my mind was blocked for the moment, so he had no other choice but to trust me. Of course, after convincing him I wanted to go to the kitchen for something to eat, he led me down the stairs.