Chapter 19- Rings and Swords

We headed back to the group, neither one of us speaking, but we walked as fast as we could to get to Dad and the others. When we arrived, Dad had a strange look on his face. One that almost knew what we were up to. But it quickly faded when he saw the ring in Malakai's hand. He stood up quickly rushing over to us. Malakai explained where it was found, and told him to keep it with the other, safe from anyone finding it. If anyone could hide anything it would have been Dad. Cadence looked a little puzzled as to, why the ring would be in the open like it was. And I believe the girls knew the answer to that.

"Vanneka, I believe it was put there for a purpose, and I think I may know that purpose," Karla said as her eyes became bright pink, her fangs appearing in the blink of an eye and her skin turning pale. She turned and for good reason, when I looked at what she had been looking at, the sight scared me to no end. Behind me stood the creature of Nigira. almost nine feet tall, with scaly brown skin, fangs sharper than razors, and drool coming out of its mouth. Malakai rushed over to me.

"Vanneka, this would be the perfect time to hide," He said. I looked at him in disbelief. He had just told me to hide from the creature. This couldn't be any normal being, it must have been very dangerous because what came next, proved to me that Malakai wasn't joking.

I was being drugged by the arm, by Alejandro and Danny, and placed behind a tall rock. The next thing I heard were battle cries from the rest of the group. I was alone and not very happy that my sisters were getting to fight and not me unless there was good reason. I could hear grunts and shouts coming from behind where I sat hoping they would be okay. I couldn't understand why they wanted to fight it off instead of running away from it. The only way a Nigira demon could be killed was with the sword, and it was missing. Or so I thought.

I looked over to my left to see something glimmering from the corner of my eye. The shiny piece of metal was attached to a gold-plated handle with Sapphires in it. It was the sword! I could reach it if I could tap into my power. I concentrated as hard as I could to bring the sword to me. I kept picturing myself moving it little by little. But nothing happened. I could still hear grunting and panting from my family and friends, trying their hardest to keep the beast away. So I did something stupid.

I ran over to where I had spotted the sword, not been seen by anyone. And when I grabbed it, it lit up a sapphire glow through the cave, all eyes directed on me, even the creatures. Why was it glowing for me? Was it because I was the Vampire queen? That didn't sound right, from all the stories only the king of Nigeria, could wield the sword. But I was no man, and I didn't have any intentions of becoming one either.

"Vanneka, you can kill him," Dad said. Malakai wasn't happy about it but he agreed. So I lunged towards the beast piercing his heart with the blade. He grunted, and let out a growl, before hitting the ground. I killed the creature of Nigira. And we found the sword. That was the main thing honestly. I couldn't believe we found the ring so quickly. It was a miracle that it showed up.

"Vanneka, you killed him, you did it," Karla said rushing towards me with a ripped t-shirt. Everyone here had ripped clothing. Malakai came towards me and did what I hadn't expected. He lifted me, kissed my lips, and spun me around. And then after a few moments, he sat me back down.

"What was that for," I asked. He grinned at me.

"You saved us, you killed the creature and most importantly, you are the king, well queen of Nigeria, because you claimed the sword," He said. So the fables were just tall tales, there could be a queen of Nigeria. That sounds like a lot. Queen of vampires, and Nigira, that's too much for one girl to carry.

* Once everyone was back at Gram's we told them what happened. Grams' was just as shocked as anyone. Nick was glad to see Cadence and Ale back home safe. Their journey didn't go so well until we got there but at least we found the important things, that's what mattered. Kaleb was glad we killed the creature instead of running from it. I was just glad to be back home where it was safe and sound. And then what Gram's told us, was spine-tingling compared to what we just went through.

"Josh sent another goon, he kidnapped Lilly, he said if we want to see her again to clear the fog, whatever that meant," She said. So Josh's goon kidnapped Lilly? He was desperate. There were only two weeks left until the dance, wait, Clear the fog.

"The dance, he wants us to make sure we are there, that's what he was telling you grams, something in the mystic fog," I said. She finally recognized what she had been missing.

"That's right, the dance, I never even thought of that," She said. I nodded and looked at Malakai, he was staring nervously out the window. I wandered over to him and placed a hand on his arm. He turned to me and smiled.

"Hello there," He said touching my hand with his.

"Are you okay," I asked he turned towards me grabbing both my hands. He looked me up and down,

"Are you feeling okay Vanneka," He asked me. But I had asked him, oh well.

"Yes, I'm feeling really good actually, I feel a huge relief knowing that we may have a chance to beat Josh at his own game, and bring Jackson and Lilly home," I said. He smiled.

"Good, I'm okay knowing you are okay," He said hugging me. I hugged him back. I loved this boy so much. I always had. He was my best friend and no one could replace him.

"I guess we probably should be preparing for the battle, and also looking for the right attire to wear," He joked. I laughed along with him. He was so sweet.

"Yeah, hey are you bunking with anyone," I asked. He thought about it for a moment and then turned to look seriously at me.

"Well, I thought about this long and hard, and I think I'll move into your room, considering you have the other master bed," He laughed once more. I smiled knowing that he could always make a joke in the serious times.

"Well, Malakai Gregory Beaumont, I do believe you should be packing your things and moving them into my humble abode," I joked. We chuckled at each other. He motioned for me to follow him while everyone else was busy talking.

Once we were in his room, I helped him move from his room to mine, and since Lilly was not here right now, it wouldn't matter if he slept with me or not. Malakai brought back memories from so long ago, but those memories were all I cared about. He was there when we first changed, and he was thereafter, and he was here now. All I knew was that he was the closest friend I had, and the only one I truly cared for in the being with his way. I loved this boy and I loved his heart. He was good to his people and me.

We settled into the room by talking about the old memories and cuddling up with warm hot chocolate. He had decided to sleep with me in my bed, because, we had already been together intimately anyway. I didn't blame him for wanting to keep a close watch on me. He knew I was too, happy about the fight again. I was very anxious. My life was set on fighting and war. But that's what Dad taught us. And that's what I knew best.