Chapter 9- Return to school

Vacation was over, it was time for us to return. We had said our goodbyes to Grams and returned to school. The days without David and Malakia were rough. I couldn't imagine spending all that time without Kaleb or Jackson. It seemed like they were the only ones who knew exactly what to do, to keep me busy. Running from one end of the school to the other. The dance was still in session, but yet I had no date and no dress. The camping trip was a bust, only because, we had to go into the Forbidden Forest. I hated the idea of camping in the one place we weren't supposed to even be in, but Kaleb was rooming with me, I couldn't complain. He was a great friend. And he helped a lot with the dance, trying to fix banners and things.

The girls weren't much on helping with anything, including the dance. They wanted to brag about how they got away from the big bad wolf, and you know children, they stretch things. Cadence and Alejandro were too much into each other to care about anything else. Johnson was having a breakdown, normal for him. And Dad was being himself, blowing up until he couldn't no more. It was a sad world we lived in. Oh yeah, there was one person I did receive help from other than Jackson and Kaleb, Joe. He would help so much, that he rarely had time for anything. I was grateful for the help I did have.

My nerves couldn't have handled it alone. A week back at school, one more until we went camping, I was stressed, and being rude to everyone. That included Kaleb. He only tried to help with everything, and I was pushing him away.

"Vanneka-"

"Not now Kaleb I'm busy painting," I gritted through my teeth. I was trying to fix the banner Karla messed up.

"But I wanted to ask if these letters are okay," He asked, calmly. I looked around as mad as possible. I knew my eyes had turned pink, and my fangs began to grow.

"I SAID NOT NOW, I'M BUSY, TAKE YOUR MUTT ASS SOMEWHERE ELSE AND GET THE JOB FINISHED," I yelled. He dropped the banner at my feet and turned away.

I hadn't realized what happened until Cadence got to me and told me to calm down, and explained what I said to Kaleb. I felt horrible. This was stressing me out so badly. I didn't have an excuse for this, but I did have an apology that needed to surface. So I dropped what I was doing and walked over to Kaleb. His back was turned. He was painting the banner that was supposed to say 'Welcome' on it. He had done excellent on it.

"Kaleb," I hesitated. He turned around slowly.

"Come to yell at me some more," He asked, with a crack in his voice. I did feel horrible after that.

"No, I'm sorry I yelled, I was stressed, and I didn't mean any of it," I said. He continued to stare at me. His eyes glistened so brightly. He broke the stare and grinned at me.

"I can't be mad, V, I love you too much to be mad, you're my best friend," He said. I nodded and gave him a small hug.

Vannessa and Karla wanted to take a break, so I allowed them to, only because,

I was in a bad mood, and this rarely happened to me.

This was not my normal rage. This was as if someone took a spell and put it on me. Something didn't add up. I could feel my head explode. I didn't know why, but I knew that it was because of my rage, and anger. I wanted blood. My fangs began to grow, and my skin became so pale and cold. My eyes began to turn a vibrant pink. I was turning, and because of that, my thirst was getting worse. Something wasn't right, this was not me. I didn't have it inside of me to do these things. I was to, be strong for this. It was a spell. Not Josh's I had Kaleb and Kyle on my team, so I knew it wasn't him. But someone else was wanting to weaken me.

Everyone watched in fear as my body began to fall to the ground. No one made a move towards me, afraid of what might happen. So I didn't know what to do. No one was going to help me, and I was craving blood. Something I should have been used to but honestly, I wasn't. It was beginning to frighten me, and I wasn't one for being scared.

"Fight it, Vanneka," The girls screamed in fear. They were scared, and I didn't blame them. I would have been too.

"Vanneka, you have to fight this," Jackson said entering the room. I looked up. He was standing right in front of me.

"J-Jackson," I said, confused. He was the last one I'd think of seeing here.

"Vanneka, you have to fight this, for all of us," He said getting on his knees. I was scared, confused, and in need of blood, and he wanted to get in my face. Yes, that was exactly what he was doing, and needed to do. I was scared, but I needed him, his warm embrace.

"Jackson, please, I'm scared," I cried. He nodded to me.

"I know Vanneka, but just hold on, I'll try to stop this," He said. I was even more confused, but I didn't care. Something about what he said, didn't make sense. He said he'd stop this. What did that mean?

He put his hands on my head and began breathing slowly. The warmth of his hands began soothing my head. He closed his eyes and began whispering something I couldn't understand. In a few seconds, my fangs began to dissipate. My head stopped spinning, and my eyes became green. My thirst began to die down too.

Jackson had been able to stop the spell in time. I was seriously thankful I didn't try to hurt anyone. We were dealing with more than some Vampire or Wolf, we were dealing with a witch, an evil witch. Josh must've known he couldn't stop us and sent her.

"Josh hired a witch."