Chapter 20- Something in the mystic fog

Two weeks had come and gone. Malakai and I had been staying pretty close to each other. For two weeks we trained together, hunted together, ate dinner together, and talked just the two of us. And I was happy that I finally got to see him, not so worried about me. I think he knew I could handle myself. I was so proud of him for two reasons: One, he wasn't trying to keep me from the dance, and two, he finally opened up and let me in, instead of being so closed up all the time.

It was the morning of the dance, I was getting up, to go get a shower. Malakai must have felt me move beside him. He grabbed my arm and pulled me back down softly. I hit the bed and smiled at him. He tried cuddling up with me and I allowed him to. I snuggled closer to him. He stroked my hair and breathed into my neck. I turned slightly to face him, his hair hanging in his face. I moved the one strand from his eyes.

"Malakai, I love you," I said. He grinned at me playfully.

"Vanneka, I love you too," He said. I can't believe we were going into the senior year if we made it through this battle, which I was set on. I would be seventeen and he would be eighteen, but he was a senior this year so he'd be a year ahead of me. (I skipped a grade because Jay gave me that score, but so did Cadence, she'd be a junior)

"Can you tell me why, I have to graduate in a couple of months and leave you behind? for one more year," He said.

"Maybe because you're older, and why do you even put yourself in school you're two hundred years old," I asked. He shrugged.

"For reasons, one, I love school, two because I learn new things every time I enroll, I have the body of a sixteen-year-old and the mind of a thirty-year-old," He laughed. I kissed his nose and he crinkled it up. He began rubbing my back.

"Listen we've been through battles and wars before, but promise if something happens-"

"Vanneka, nothing will happen, because you and I are a team, we fight together, neither one of us is going to die tonight, I'll make sure of that," He said. I smiled at him, and he would make sure. I got up from his embrace and held my hand out to him. He was confused but took it willingly. He stood with nothing but boxers on. I of course had a nighty on. it was silky and blue.

"Do you want to bathe with me," I asked. He then smiled so big his eyes glistened.

"I would love to," He said.

We headed to the bathroom, bringing nothing with us. No one was even in the hall, they must've been downstairs eating. The bathroom had a big oval tub and a walk-in shower, and since we were going to bathe, I decided to fill the tub. It was big enough to be a hot tub, but it had no jets on it. Malakai began stripping me of my clothes, and I saw he was nude. He then nibbled at my shoulder. I moved my hair for him, before feeling fangs pierce my skin. It was so sweet the way he fed me. But he only got halfway through before turning me to him. He looked me deep in the eyes and knew I wanted to feed from him as well. So he turned his head to the left. This gave me all the access I needed.

I turned, piercing his skin, and the warm metallic liquid ran down my throat. He moaned softly whispering my name. That made me hot for sure. I was already hot and bothered, but now I was just a mess. The warm blood trickled my throat, causing my spine to shiver. Cold chills filled my body. In a moment, I was stepping into the tub still feeding from Malakai. He also was in the tub. I unlatched myself from him and wiped my face. He healed quickly. He sat down, and I sat on top of him with my face inches from his.

Pleasure moved through me as we swayed with the water. His body was warm against mine. We were making love again, and it felt like the first time. Only this time it was better. We eventually moved from the bathtub to the walk-in shower, he was holding me up with his arms under my butt. His body was still so warm. And his kiss was so soft. His tongue danced with mine, just enough to make me finish, as well as him.