Chapter 17- Josh's return

"Wait, Josh is back," Nick asked. I thought He had already known this?

"Josh has been back, he was the one who was at the library, when Vanneka was almost attacked by the wolves," Karla said, being a smart-butt. She was so much like me.

"Vanneka, what if Johnson and Jackson decide to join him, and fight against us," Kaleb asked me. I shook my head.

"No, Jackson wouldn't do that, he's a good guy," I said. Malakai never said a word.

"How do you know that, you were clouded by Malakai's spell he could be working with them and could have been all this time," Nick asked. I shook my head again.

"No, look I know Jackson, inside and out," I paused, "Okay in a literal sense, and he is a great guy, he believes in fighting for the good."

"Vanneka, I don't think you are thinking clear, who has been with us the whole time, and who keeps informing Josh about the fights we plan, it isn't no mere stranger," Joe said. But he was Jackson's best friend.

"Joe, you don't mean that, you are his best friend, come on you know him, Johnson may not be great, but Jackson is, and I believe that if you gave him a chance to show you, he would," I told him, I looked at Malakai, his face was still, nothing would convince him of Jackson being good or evil, for he knew already.

"Jackson isn't evil, but I don't put it past Johnson to go back to the dark side, he's a bad influence, and he's seen what evil can do," Malakai said. And like a snap of a finger, Everyone starts debating about it.

The group was loud, angry, and worried. They worried about Jackson sinking to Johnson's Level. And I stood there watching arguments, and disagreements until I just couldn't take it anymore. And that's when, like an angel in disguise, a voice spoke up from behind me.

"Jackson isn't evil, but his brother might be."

Johnson appeared like an angel, a dark one, to protest on his behalf. And that's when I saw him. I saw the man who had caused so much destruction, So much hate and anger. The man I once knew to be a good guy. The one who took my heart and broke it into a million pieces. The only one who knew me better than Malakai could. Who knew my evil side, my dark side?

"Hello Again Vanneka," Josh said from the side of Johnson. Where was Jackson? What had he done with him? I knew something bad like this would happen. How did he break the barrier? Why was he here, and in the flesh?

"Josh, you have no business here, go back to once you came," Grams said, in a fighting position. He laughed it off.

"Chill grams, I came for Vanneka," He said. I stood still. Malakai stepped in front of me. Josh chuckled lightly/.

"Hm, look here, the man who made her fall in love with me, thank you Malakai, really, but I think I can take it from here," He said shoving Malakai aside with one shove. He had power-blocking powers! I knew something was up his sleeve. He blocked the barrier. This was my worst nightmare.

"Josh, I don't know why you are here but I think you need to leave," I said. He laughed. He didn't know that he couldn't block my power, I was the queen, something he must not have known yet. He stepped towards me. Malakai took my hand, and a gold aroma spread around us. And power filled our eyes.

"What, but how-"

"I'm the queen Josh, and I believe, it's time for you to leave, and another thing, don't come back around looking for trouble, you just might find it," I said as my eyes became a flame of red. He stepped back and I lowered my hands. He started to turn around but I stopped him with one flick of my hand.

"And bring Jackson back to me," I said. Malakai tensed up beside me. Josh looked at Malakai and snickered.

"Oh, lover boy seems to be jealous of your past relations with my brother," Johnson said. Dad stepped up then, with the girls.

"Bring him to us Josh, or we will come claim him, ourselves, and you're outnumbered," Dad spoke. Josh shook his head.

"That's what you think, but you'll find out soon enough," he said, he and Johnson walking away.

Malakai and I release each other and look around. The girls had their fists balled up. Mom was not here so, she couldn't have known what was going on. Malakai looked at the group and grinned as if he was trying to be sympathetic. It scared me to think Jackson would be harmed, he was a great person and friend.

"Okay, everyone, just remain calm, I'm sure that everything will be fine. We have thirty-plus vampires and six-plus wolves, we have enough to defeat him, and get Jackson back," He looked at me with an odd grin, like he was doing this for me.

"If Josh was going to outnumber us, he'd go directly to the underworld. He would have to find the Trickery demons, or the Shangui demons, they can be tricked into anything, so what we need to do is recruit some Nigira demons, they might be small, but they are fast, and strong, and they can be very resourceful," He spoke. I grinned and looked around. He was so gentle, and never said a bad word to anyone. And that's why I loved him.

Everyone agreed, to go to Nigira, and recruit the Nigira demons. I wasn't so sure if Cadence would like us showing up unannounced. They were still searching for the sword. The ring would show itself, once the sword was found. And I knew that it would be found. I couldn't think of a better time to go on a demon recruit than now. And Malakai thought the same thing.

"We leave in the morning. So pack only what you need, and we head out, some will need to stay behind, and some of us will go straight into danger, so choose carefully, only the ones willing to go, will go, including myself, and a leader will need to stay here, so Grams, will you lead the troops here," He asked her. She nodded to him.

"I'll be the first to go, and the girls will also join us," Dad said. I nodded but Malakai gave me a look.

"V, this is dangerous, are you sure you want to come along," He asked. Was he serious?

"Of course, not only are these vamps and wolves family, but you are my family, I love you all, and I want to help in any way I can, I might Help Cadence and Ale, find the sword," I replied to him. He smiled took my hand and gave me a gentle squeeze then let go.

"Now, who is going, two wolves would be nice," Malakai stated. Kaleb smiled. Kyle shook his head.

"I'll go," Danny said stepping forward. Michael also. Joe and Dean stepped in as well. Kaleb joined us. Lilly and Jay also joined us. Coach L decided we may need his strength too. And of course, the girls were going, and Malakai. Nick and Luke also decided to come, so there were sixteen of us. And the rest would stay behind. No one knew where David was. He had disappeared. We didn't worry about him as much, he was a smart guy.

"Okay, let's pack," Malakai said. He was something.

We couldn't use magic inside Nigeria, so we'd have to cast a spell to transport three miles from it. And we would run the rest of the way. We vampires could run three miles in less than five minutes. So In the morning, we would set out to recruit Nigira demons. And this wasn't the first time we have had to do this.

Malakai packed, a few clothing items, and potions, we may need them yet. One potion for mind blocking, two for death, three for smoke disguises or fog. And of course one for power blocking. And he took a couple of pints of blood, which we both knew wasn't going to last, but he seemed set on getting there and getting out.

I packed a couple of pairs of shorts, and a few tank tops, along with a book on Nigira caves, and four pints of blood. Karla packed the same, as well as the other girls, minus the book, that was my baby. We all had flashlights and our phones. And we all laid down for the night and rested until the morning.