Preying on the Weak

"So like you to pick on the weak." I spit blood at her, "Send in your minions to do your dirty work and you finish them off later. Lissia get out of here!"

"Not only did you kill all the soldiers I brought, but you have also angered me beyond my normal levels." She says with a malicious grin, "I will tear you to pieces for disobeying my orders and for high treason!"

She sends a shower of ice shards at me which I easily block. She's going to toy with me for some time. She wants to have fun while it lasts. I can't believe that I actually looked up at her. Her kindness that she showed me is no longer there. All I sense is anger and hate. She's going to kill me tonight. I'm in no condition to fight, but I've got to protect Lissia. I won't lose another friend to the Empire! I won't allow it! I reel the chains back in letting the blades rest just underneath my wrists. If I can't use my full abilities from far away, I'll have to get in close while building up my strength.

I give out a battle cry and send myself towards her. She blocks every single one of my blows with her sword. I didn't know she carried a sword! That changes my whole battlestyle. I flip backwards and clumsily land on my feet.

"Why don't you just give up!" She sends more shards of ice at me. I only block a couple as the rest slice into my body, "You know you can't win."

I send the blades flying at her with all my might. She raises a shield of ice that doesn't do her much. The blades go straight through the ice. She dodges to the side only recieving small scratches. I didn't do much, but I've done something. I may be the only person to have made her bleed. I smile at my slight victory, but my victory is short lived as she sends a hail of ice at me. I swing the chains as fast as possible trying to destroy the ice. While doing that, I split the blades into fourths and send them flying at Esdeath. The ice stops flying around and I grab Esdeath with the chains and hold her against the wall.

"So you got me." She smiles, "What are you going to do now? You could kill me right here right now, or you can let me go and I'll kill you."

"I don't know." I look around and notice ice forming around the blades. I forgot about her hands!

I jump backwards and let loose a fury of blades. The blades cut deeply into her skin as a giant slap of ice slams into me. It shatters and sharp ice lands on and around me. I can't win. She's just too strong.

"Need some help old friend?" I hear Leone's voice and hear her land beside me, "Backup has arrived!"

"So you really did join Night Raid." Esdeath scoffs, "Should've known; the likes of you! You have won the day, but I will kill you."

I hear Esdeath's footsteps fade into the night air.

"Lubbok grab his legs," Leone says picking up my shoulders, "he needs help right away. You girl! You're coming with us!