Disney land and a final goodbye

Finally, it was here. The day me and my new bestfriend Katie were having one of our many dreams come true. The disney land trip that nearly EVERY child wishes for. Katie was so excited once she found out i was coming. I met Katies mum, Sarah, and she was so nice just like her husband. When we arrived we made our way to our hotel and me and Katie jumped about excitedly.

"Sarah, we now have two children. Who do you thinks more excited?"

"Me me me" Katie shouted. I let her have her moment and we then mae our way out to the rides.

As we got to the end of the first day Katie became very tierd and too weak to walk. I placed her on my shoulders and we went to watch the firework display.

"Sky look it's Elsa and Anna. Oh look theres Belle. And tiana. Ohh theres ariel. Prince Eric. Sky this is amazing"

"They all look so beautiful don't they?"

"Yess"

"Come on you two. Time to head back. We have more time tomorow"

"Awwwwww" me and Katie said at the same time. We headed back inside where i face times Matt and Kyle.

"Hey Matty, hows Kyle?"

"He's fine. Asleep at the moment. He hasn't stopped running all day."

"That sounds like him"

"Hows the trip?"

"Oh my gosh so fun. Katie went on this ride thing that took photos and i jumped in the photo last minute and it was really funny."

"You didn't hurt the baby did you?"

"The babies fine Matt."

"Hows Katie?"

"Asleep. She was so tierd. She was barley awake by five oclock" I look over to her. She is getting weaker and skinnier. I feel a tear slip from my eyes.

"She will be ok Sky. Shes a tough kid"

"I hope you're right"

I closed the laptop after saying good night and decided it was time to sleep.
1 week later

I'd been home two days when it happened. I got the phone call that broke my heart.

Katie had passed away in her sleep. She was only nine. To young to remember her past...to young to even think of a future. Her funeral was two week to the day and her parents had asked me if i would like to say anything. My answer was of course yes.

2 week later

The day of Katies funeral came around. I'd never seen a hall so jam packed with people.

"Now we have a very special person who meant alot to Katie. Ladies and gentlemen Miss Skylar Phillips.

"Hi everybody. Today isn't a day of sorrow. It's a day to remember the amazing little girl we all knew and loved. Katie wouldn't want us to be sad she would want us to laugh and be loud. So thats what im going to do. Instead of a minutes silence. I would like to ask you to make as much noise as you can. So katie can hear it."

The whole room was full of screaming and clapping and cheering. Many shouted Katies name over and over again. It was exactly what Katie would of wanted.

"Katie will always be in my heart as my number one fan. She will always be my little star. Your mum and dad asked if i would sing for you. It would be my honour Katie.I remember the first day i met you. You told me your favourite song of mine was Leave me in piece. So this is for you."

The music started and everyone waved their hands in the air.

When im down
When im lost
When i feel all hope has gone
Leeeeaaavvee me in piece.

I carry on till the end of the song. Everyone is in tears as i turn to Katies coffin and lay my hand on it.

"Goodbye Katie, my little star. I will always remember you"