Chapter 5

Elena P.O.V

I walk down the hall to Sam's locker. He was texting me about Danny being back. Danny is my brother's best friend. He has problems with his dad. He's been drinking a lot lately after his mother died in a car crash. Danny tried running away many times but Jeremy stopped him.

"Elena" I spot Sam in the crowds. he wasn't hard to find. Being tall and skinny.

"Hey" I said looking at my hands. Everyone was looking at us.

"Where were you last night? I came over but your dad said you went to the library" Sam asked shoving his books in the locker.

"Yeah I had to study for French"

"I thought you had French next semester?" Sam stops to look at me.

"I meant English." I shrug like nothing but I was about to bite my nails.

"Did Dean give you what you dropped?"

"Yup" last night was weird but it felt nice. Dean is so attractive up close. His deep voice and his smile giving me goosebumps. Now I know why every girl has a crush on him.

"Can't believe Danny is back. I really thought he left for good" Sam closes his locker and we start walking to class.

"I did too but he said he didn't have money" I said regretting what I said.

"You talked to him?" Sam says confused.

"I ran into him at the library" I said hoping he doesn't ask more questions.

"Still can't get in my head Alice kissed him" Sam points to Derek and Alice.

"Wait what? Alice cheated on Dean with his best friend?" I look at how Alice tries to flirt with Derek but he was busy looking at the grade 9 girls.

Derek and Dean have been friends since we were all 6 years old. Sam and me became friends when Derek pushed Sam on the ground. I punched him the stomach.

Oh how I want to do that to him now.

"I saw Alice kiss him out of nowhere and Derek was surprised. I was quite surprised he didn't push her against the wall." Sam says waiting for me to climb the stairs.

"Your brother and her ......are they serious?" I said normally even though I was worrying about them.

I don't like them together. Alice doesn't deserve him.........

You're thinking you deserve  him more than her right?  I mentally slap my brain and look at Sam shrug.

"I don't think they are. My dad and I  don't like her. To be honest I don't even think Dean likes her" we reached the top of the stairs.

"See you at lunch" he says smiling. I nod and we both go our separate ways. I had science with Dean and Derek. Which I hate because Derek laughs every time I pass him.

I walk in to find Dean in my seat. I look at him strangely.

"Morning Elena" He flashed his famous smile. Wait did he just call me by my name?

"I bought you this" he says handing me a brown paper bag.

I look at it weirdly before opening it. It was cupcake with a heart on top.

"I thought you needed something to brighten your day and what's better than a cupcake" he says touching my hand.

I felt a chill run down my spine. His touch was warm and sweet.

"Thanks" I said taking out a folded paper in the bag.

"Wait till class starts" Dean says as the bell rang and the class got filled with students. Miss.Jackie came in and started with the homework assignment from last night.

I couldn't stop my excitement and opened the paper.

Meet me behind the old mans creek after school- Dean

I look up to meet his eyes. He smiled before facing the front.

I quickly grab my books from my locker before Sam gets here. Today is Wednesday which is movie night. We go to the movie theatres to eat popcorn and watch a comedy movie.

"Did you hear about Mr.Harrison and the mystery new girlfriend he has?" Sam says leaning against the lockers.

Crap how am I going to get out of this?

"No I haven't. Can you tell me tomorrow?" I said grabbing my jacket.

"Aren't we going to watch that new Will ferrel movie?" He says.

"I can't I have to meet Freddy for dinner" I said running away before he could ask me more questions. I ran outside across the field and through the woods. Old mans creek was close to the river.

There's a myth going around since I was a kid that a woman came to the river to kill herself because of a breakup but a stranger murdered her and sliced her into pieces. He threw the body pieces in the river and never got caught. But I just think people said that so we wouldn't go play in the woods.

I go over a big log and see Dean sitting on the ground. He was looking at the river. He looked peaceful.

"Hey" I said dropping my bag and jacket on the ground before sitting.

"It's beautiful out here huh?" Dean says with half a smile.

"It's nicer when it sunsets" I remember coming here just before 7 and watch the sun go down. I would be crying my eyes out.

"You come here at night?" He says hugging his legs.

"When my parents would fight I would sneak out and come here. It was a quiet place for me to think" I said staring at my hands.

I never told anybody this not even Sam.

"I had a place too. It was over at blue road pass the first pine tree. After my mom died I would go there almost every night" he says frowning. He was surprised about what just came out of his mouth.

I put my hand on his shoulder. He slightly jumped. I quickly cross my arms.

"Do you really think someone died here?" I said changing the subject.

He looked at me and chuckled.

"I don't think you want the spirit of Mrs.Jones to haunt you" he said.

"Out of the both of us, you would shit your pants if you saw her" I said making him laugh.

"I doubt that"

"You don't remember second grade you peed your pants when the lights turned off at Sam's birthday?" I remember Dean getting angry when his parents laughed at him. He Iocked himself in his room.

"You still remember that?"

"Oh course I do........I went to your room to give you cake" I said looking at the water.

I felt his eyes on me.

"I like you" he says making my head turn so fast I felt the bone cracked.

"I like you  and I want to see where this could lead to." He grabbed my hands.

"I-uh I" I stutter shocked at his words that kept spinning in my mind.

"Let's secret date. I know this is rushed and you must hate that I want to keep this secret but everyone will judge us" he looked  and sounded sincere.

You know you want this.

You been dreaming for this day.

But what if he is pranking me or tricking me........but he would've done that already......right?

"Okay let's do it" I said smiling widely.

{{comment what you think? Do you think Elena was stupid to say yes? I'll update again tonight if I finish writing}}