Chapter 10: A Bad Truth

"We should all hang out," Alfred suggested at the end of school when he, Arthur, Matthew, and Francis were walking home together.

"Oui! That would be fun! We could all play futball!" Francis agreed, nodding, eyeing Arthur menacingly.

Arthur snarled, "Yea, futball. That way I can destroy your pretty French face,"

"Uh, I just thought we could spend a nice day together," Alfred said, stepping into Arthur's line of sight.

"Um, we could go to Barley Field," Matthew said quietly.

"Oh, yea! Great idea Mattie!" Alfred said, swinging an arm around his younger brother and pulling him closer.

"What's Barley Field?" Arthur asked.

"It's a cemetery for people who died in the Revolutionary War," Alfred said, "It's really old, and really run down, but it's one of my favorite places here,"

"Sentimental," Arthur said, "Well, I'm up for it,"

"Oui, I'll come too,"

Matthew just nodded.

Arthur stopped in front of his house and Alfred let go of Matthew, turning to Arthur, "I'll call you tomorrow when we're gonna leave, and don't bring snacks,"

Arthur rolled his eyes, "Yea, yea,"

"See ya," Alfred turned around, waving to Arthur, and ran up to Matthew, jumping to walk in between him and Francis.

Arthur turned and walked down the walkway, looking in his bag to make sure he had all his books. It was Friday after all.

He froze when his phone vibrated, and pulled it out of his back pocket. A new text message from Dimitri.

Arthur looked back and forth before opening the message.

Midnight meeting today. Up for it?

Arthur sighed, "You've gotta be joking,"

He replied: If I can make it, I'll be there.

"Arthur?"

Arthur jumped and yelped, hugging his phone and bag to his chest, eyes wide. He looked behind him to Alistor, who was holding a plastic bag in one hand, and an unlit cigarette between his lips.

"Oh........Alistor......it's just you," Arthur relaxed.