Chapter 13: Beaches, Jackets, and Whispers of the Heart

"Swimming first!" Alfred cried, grabbing his swim trunks and bolting into the bathroom in his and Arthur’s hotel room.

Arthur rolled his eyes and set his suit case at the foot of one of the beds. He pulled out his own swim trunks, "Are you sure?"

"Of course I’m sure! It’s hot as hell today!"

"And the water will probably be cold as hell," Arthur said, "Are you thinking this through?"

Alfred walked out of the bathroom wearing black trunks that said "Hero" on one of the legs, "Awe, is Iggy scared of a little chilly water?"

Arthur scoffed and punched Alfred’s arm, "Shut up and grab a shirt. I’ll be right out,"

Arthur walked out of the bathroom a second later wearing red and blue swim trunks. Alfred caught sight of him and blushed. He looked away before Arthur could catch his eye and stretched.

"Alright! Ready?"

Arthur pulled a shirt on and nodded. He handed Alfred a towel and followed him out of the room.

They took the elevator down and started walking down the path towards the beach. They reached it and found everyone else there. Most were mingling with locals, and some, like Francis, were hitting on woman.

Alfred and Arthur looked at each other and found a secluded spot away from everyone else. They set their bags down and pulled their shirts off. Alfred cheered and ran directly into the water.

Arthur smirked when he screamed at the cold, then followed behind him. They were waist deep in the water when Francis, Antonio, Dimitri, and a girl from Seychelles named Liliana spotted them.

"Hey guys, let’s go swim with Alfred Jones," Liliana said.

Francis smiled cheekily, "Onhonhon, does little Lily have a crush?"

"I have a crush on everyone, don’t you remember?" Liliana smiled back and turned.

She dove under water and started swimming towards Arthur and Alfred, who were currently in a splashing contest.

"Take this!" Alfred smacked the top of the water, sending a wave crashing to Arthur, who sputtered and chopped at the water, shoving a huge wave at Alfred.

Alfred yelled and jumped Arthur, pulling him under the water. They both burst out at the same time, laughing.

Out of nowhere, a girl popped up next to them, making them scream.

"Hi Alfred!" the girl said, a smile on her face.

"Oh, it’s just you. Hi,"

"I’ve missed you, you know! You should say hi to me more often,"

"You never say hi either though,"

The girl laughed and Alfred laughed with her.

Arthur watched the two curiously.

Francis appeared near him and motioned to him, "Arthur, can we talk?"

Arthur glared at him and waded towards him, "What is it?"

"Want to know who that girl is?" Francis pointed at the girl chatting with Alfred, "Her name is Liliana. She’s really well known at the school. She’s gone out with almost every guy, not including the ones who are already taken,"

"So?"

"It looks like Alfred is her next victim,"

Arthur hesitated, "So?"

Francis smiled, "Doesn’t that bother you?"

"Why would it?"

Francis looked away, "Oh well, not many know when they’ve been struck by the arrow,"