Chapter 21: The Plot Thickens

Arthur woke up slowly, his eyes still closed. The only thing he wanted to do that day was lie in bed, not opening his eyes, but the thought of getting closer to the truth about what happened to his father motivated him to open his eyes.

He rubbed them and rolled onto his back, bumping into Alfred, who was fast asleep, arms wrapped around Arthur. He smiled weakly and slid closer, setting his head under Alfred's chin and shutting his eyes. He opened them a moment later, though, when his phone rang.

Arthur sat up and reached over the bed, picking his phone up and answering, "Hello?"

"Arty where are you? You didn't come home last night," Ashling's voice asked in concern.

"Oh, I'm sorry. After we came back we went to Al's house. I guess I fell asleep," Arthur apologized, "He didn't wake me up," he looked down at Alfred as Ashling replied.

"Well alright. Are you feeling okay?"

"Yea. The headaches are a bit better. I'm fine,"

"Good. Well I'm glad you're okay. I called to tell you we all have classes and work today, so we won't be back until late,"

"Alright. Can I stay at Alfred's?"

There was a pause, "I suppose,"

"I'll see you later then," Arthur said, then hung up and tossed the phone down.

He heard Alfred mutter something and looked down at him as he rolled onto his back, rubbing his eyes.

"Arty?"

"Yea?"

"Kay. Just making sure you were still there," Alfred said, looking up at Arthur, who smiled and laid down beside him.

Alfred wrapped his arms around Arthur and yawned, "When did you wake up?"

"Just a few minutes ago," Arthur replied, closing his eyes, "Should we get up?"

"I don't wanna," Alfred said, "I'm still tired,"

Arthur opened his eyes and looked up at Alfred, "How long were you awake?"

"Um, till around two?"

"What? Why?" Arthur asked, sitting up and looking at Alfred, who sat up with him.

"I was on the computer,"

"If you were playing games-,"

"I wasn't, I swear," Alfred said, pushing the blankets back and standing up. He walked around the bed and picked up a piece of paper, turning and handing it to Arthur, "I was looking for that,"

Arthur looked at the paper nervously.

Marcus O' Brien. Virginia.

Employment - Secretary of Internal Affairs Corporation. CEO of Bank Works. Defense and Prosecution Lawyer. Second to Head Judge. Politition in running for mayor.

Arthur looked up at Alfred slowly, "Is this a joke?"

"There was a picture," Alfred said, turning and shaking the mouse to his computer. He clicked something, and a photo popped up.

Arthur paled and a nauseous feeling crossed over him. Dark brown hair, the same menacing dark eyes. It was definitely him.

"But.....look at this," Arthur said, looking at the paper, "He's in the running for mayor? He's the secretary of Internal Affairs? He works for the bank! He's untouchable!"