Work in Progress

Chapter XIII: Work in Progress

"Not happening!" I growled out, trowing the ancient book into the couch. "Magic and I, so not happening. That's why I have you."

"Don't be like that." Liliya said, letting out a groan. "Better a traveler than a human with no way of defending yourself."

"First, travelers are weak compared to witches." I said, enumerating the reason to why this was a sucky plan. "Second, travelers are cursed in case you forgot."

"Bennett." The witch replied, rolling her eyes.

"What?" I asked dumbfounded.

"In case you forgot, the Bennetts are descendants of Qetsiyah who was a traveler." The teen said. "Yet, they're not travelers. Which is weird seeing as being a traveler is a birthright."

"I get your point. They should by all rights be travelers, specially since Qetsiyah was somewhat responsible for the curse in the first place. She created immortality and the other travelers killed her because she was too powerful. The other witch-bitches got scared too since the travelers wanted to achieve great things, not just serving nature and keeping the balance, so they cursed them." I said, thinking about the stories my mother told me back in the day.

"Yeah, the witches would definitely curse the lineage that created the immortality spell since it went again the balance." Liliya said, nodding her head. "So why in the hell are they witches, very powerful witches at that?"

"No fucking idea." I snorted, sitting down in the couch.

"We just have to figure how they did it, and do it to you." She said, sounding very sure of her plan.

"Good luck with that." I replied rolling my eyes, this plan was destined to crash and burn for sure. "Are you going to call the other side and chat with Qetsiyah? She probably knows, but she wants Silas human and that means me dead! The other Bennetts? Bonnie? Yeah that would work ... not!"

"Don't be so pessimist." The witch said. "Meanwhile try a few spells, I'm sure that book has a few. Even if their somewhat weak spells they should be useful. Do you remember any from when you were human?"

"No." I grunted, having a few flashbacks of my douche of a father.

"Papa, I want to learn magic."

"You're weak, women don't have a right to learn the craft."

"I'm sure you can learn now." Liliya said, happily and with a grin on her face.

"Yeah right." I murmured skeptically, glancing towards the book.

School was as boring as ever, playing subway surfers was the only way of surviving through the day

School was as boring as ever, playing subway surfers was the only way of surviving through the day. Everybody was still talking about the mountain lion incident, so nothing new there. On the amusing part, Stiles was mad at Scott for letting his dad gotten hurt. So the pup was shooting his friend puppy eyes begging for forgiveness. Oh, so much drama.