Red Eyes Sparkling in the Darkness

Chapter VII: Red Eyes Sparkling in the Darkness

"Did you hear something?" I mouthed to Liliya, as I stood still in the middle for Beacon Hill's Preserve with darkness all around me. Her reply was a simple nod, the witch was more worried with searching for monsters in the shadows.

Waiting no more I grabbed her wrist and pulled her behind a tree, making sure we were at least somewhat hidden from whoever was roaming the woods in the middle of the night. "I just hope it's not a supernatural being, I'm to young to die!" I thought, ignoring the fact that I should have died centuries ago.

"Katerina, do you see anyone?" Liliya mumbled quietly, however in the silence of the night it could be easily heard and seeing as we here trying to hide I covered her mouth with my hand in response, shutting her up. 

I could feel my heart beating insanely against by rib cage, my blood pumping fast in my veins, the sweat drops falling from my forehead, the moonlight hitting my backside, the strands of my hair on my shoulders and nature all around me. Most of all I felt human, and that scared me the most. 

"Do you have your inhaler?" I her a voice I recognized say. "You have to be fucking kidding me!" I think to myself, letting a growl escape my throat.

"What the fuck are you both doing here?" I say loudly, getting from behind the tree while glaring at the two teen boys I had met when I first moved here, Stiles and Scott. 

"AHHHH!" They both scream looking at me like I was the Bigfoot, or Klaus. I let a evil smirk caress my lips, enjoying the freaked out look they had on their faces and forgetting the fact that moments ago I had a worst expression on mine. I heard a giggle, and noticed that Liliya was also enjoying the show.

"Oh my god." Stiles said shakily, still trembling somewhat. "I just had a mini heart attack! What are you doing here you psycho? I knew it, you are a murder. Your probably the one that killed that girl!"

I rolled my eyes in irritation and turned towards Scott, who was using his inhaler like a mad man. "You alright Scotty?"

Scott looked at me with a startled expression on his face and nodded in affirmation. "What are you doing here Katherine? Who's you friends?"

"This is Liliya, she's my ... cousin." I reply, the lie rolling out of my tongue easily. "We were jogging." Luckily I was wearing my yoga pants with a comfy shirt and Liliya was wearing sport's clothes, so the lie couldn't be easily spotted.

 "Jogging in the middle of the night after a body was found in these same woods?" Stiles inquired, his voice laced with skepticism. Scott too looked at us with a arched brow.

"Well, I prefer to jog in the night and I forced my cousin to come with me." I huffed in reply, lying through my teeth. "Plus, how the hell would I know somebody died? I didn't see anything on the news." 

"She's got you there Stiles, she couldn't possibly know that they found a dead body." Scott said, looking at Stiles with a look that meant 'Shut up you idiot!'.

"Well...She's the murder so of course she knows where she dumped the body!" The green eyed boy tried to defend his point of view, yet he knew that his best friend was going to ignore him.

"Anyway..." Liliya spoke up for the first time. "What are you doing here if you knew somebody got killed in these very creepy woods?"

"They were obviously looking for the body." She answered her friend's question while rolling her eyes in irritation, and crossing her arms over her breasts. 

"For your information were hunting for half a dead body." Stiles huffed and glared at the brown eyes girl he was starting to despise.

"Half?" Liliya inquired, as her eyes wider than ever in shock. While Laura wasn't that close to her she didn't despise anyone enough to wish that kind of death upon them.