Words Like Knives

Chapter XXII: Words Like Knives

It had been two days since we had defeated Peter, and Derek had become the Alpha. Liliya had been downright pissed about having missed it all, she had spent her night getting drunk and dancing with cute jocks. Lucky her. 

Lydia was still at the hospital, even after Liliya had used some healing juju on her. Her bite mark hadn't healed, so Liliya was pretty sure that the strawberry blonde teen had awakened her Banshee abilities. 

I was about to get up from my comfy seat in the couch to go get something to eat when somebody rang the bell. I opened the door to find a face I was dreading to see. I knew it was just a matter of time before he came for answers. Answers I didn't really want to give.

"Hello Derek." I greeted dryly. I wasn't sure what I was feeling right now. I especially didn't now where my emotions ended as his emotions began. It was just a huge mingled ball of contradictory feelings. 

"We need to talk." He said, as he passed me by and entered my house. I slowly closed the door and turned towards him, crossing my arms in front of my chest.

"So what do you want to talk about?" I inquired, trying to sound nonchalant. 

"We could start with what spell you used to heal me, and it's consequences." Sourwolf stated, giving me a hard look. "Or why I can feel you every day, every time? Or maybe how you can feel me?"

I passed my hand along my long hair as I let out a sigh. How should I explain it. Should I start with I used the darkest magic there is to bound us in soul, blood and spirit making us mates? Or maybe just say that we can feel each other because we're mates? Technically it wouldn't be lying, jut contouring the truth. 

I sighed once more, and made up my mind. He deserved the truth, this all thing was my fault to begin with, not his. 

"The spell I used to heal you..." I started slowly, searching his reactions. "Well, it wasn't something I had tried before, but I couldn't pull of any other healing spells and you were bleeding out in the carpet."

"What spell was it?" Derek inquired, looking at me with a searching look.

"It's called a blood letting healing spell." I replied, not sure how to explain witch stuff seeing as I didn't understand much myself. "It's expression, something that many don't even consider as magic since it's well ... dark."

He didn't say anything, and I took that as a cue to continue.

"It takes either souls, talismans or blood to use it and I used my own blood to heal you. I'm a doppelganger, a shadow created by nature to balance out an ancient immortality spell. It kind of hard to explain. But apparently the fact that I used my blood, and that you're a werewolf had far more different results than just healing you physically." I mumbled out, my nerves getting the best of me.

"What different results?" The Alpha demanded. 

"It did heal your wounds but It also healed your soul, that's why your eyes changed from blue to gold before. But, that wasn't the only thing it did." I stated. "When I used my blood, and together with the fact that your a werewolf I bounded us together in soul, blood and spirit. We are mates." 

There, done. He knows, I'm done with this shit. Seriously, I need a shot of tequila right now.

"What?" He roared in my face, completely socked by my revelation. 

"You heard me the first time." I replied, getting my sass back. "I'm not repeating myself." 

"So you used dark magic to bound us together?" Derek demanded, red eyes glowering at me. "It that it Katherine?"