Bound in Blood

Chapter XVI: Bound in Blood

I heard the front door close with a bang, and I'm pretty sure I could scream 'Aleluia'! I had re-read, and then re-read again, the blood letting healing spell but I still couldn't figure out what happened with that spell. So I needed my teen witch, who is an expert in witchy stuff, to solve this mystery for me.

"Liliya get you ass in here." I loudly called from the living room. 

"You sure? I don't want to interrupt anything..." The witch said, poking her head inside and looking around. "I thought sexy Derek was here, I didn't want to barge in you sexy time."

"If you hadn't mentioned that he was being hunted down by the police I probably would have had sexy Derek time." I replied, rolling my eyes. "I need you're help. I kind of did this spell, but I think something went wrong."

"What spell?" The teen inquired, getting a seat next to me. She didn't even try to peak into my cookbook, but then again it was all blank pages to her. 

"It's called blood letting healing spell." I replied, and I felt her tense next to me. 

"Katherine, blood magic?" She asked, with a somber expression. "Seriously? That's dark magic, worst even - it's expression."

"I needed a healing spell, and there was no traveler healing magic I could pull on my own." I replied defensibly, crossing my arms. "If you had been here I wouldn't have needed it!"

"Expression Katherine, expression." The witch hissed out, like she was spitting out venom."What the hell did you need a healing spell for?"

"In case your little buddies didn't tell you, the alpha made a freaking hole through Derek's chest." I sneered back. "It was either expression or having a corpse in my leaving room."

She continued to give me a grim look until she finally calmed down, letting out a sigh. "Ok, so you healed him. Why do you think something went wrong?"

"The color of his eyes changed, werewolf eyes I mean." I replied, gazing at her. "Not only that, but I'm pretty sure I felt his emotions. That's definitely not normal."

"Ok..." She murmured, unblinking and concentrating. "What blood did you use?"

"My own." I informed, noticing she tensed further at my response. 

"What was the incantation?" The teen asked, looking at me with a somber expression.

"Let me see." I replied, grabbing the book. I had just started this magic thingy, I needed a few cheat codes. "Sanitatem mentis et corporis sanguinem meum sanguinem, animam et cor."

"Do you know latim Katherine?" She asked, her face vacant of any emotion.

"No, does It look like I know what I'm doing?" I responded, exasperated. 

"No, and that's the problem." The witch hissed out. This was probably the most serious I had ever seen Liliya, she was always bubbly and happy, so I just knew that I had screwed this spell bad.

"Explain it to me then!" I replied, my lips pressing together into a thin line. 

"That incantation roughly translates to- Health of the mind, the body, the soul and the heart - blood of my blood." Liliya explained. "The healing of the soul cleaned him from his past sins, which in turn returned his eyes to gold. Healing of the body, healed his flesh wound. Healing of the mind, I'm not sure how it affected him but It might me connected to why you felt his emotions. But the part of the heart, and the blood of my blood screwed everything up."

"How?" I inquired quietly, almost afraid of the answer. 

"Well his a werewolf, the heart of a werewolf is a precious thing." The witch explained slowly. "Wolves mate for life, and when you healed his 'heart' you healed him from past relationships and when you called for the 'blood of my blood' you kind of bonded you to one another."

"What?" I gasped out, looking at the witch next to me like she was insane. 

"If he hadn't been a werewolf you would have just created a link, a very weak link, between you two." The witch continued, not understanding that I was in shock. "But he's a werewolf, and not to mention you used your own blood for the spell. The use of blood is normally to give vitality to the wounded. It would have just given him strength to heal if it had been the blood of another."

I didn't say anything, I didn't think I could.

"But you healed the heart, you created a link and  then you joined in blood." Liliya let out, sighing once again. "Not to mention doppelganger blood, which is like the most potent magical blood around. I don't even know if the properties of the cure in you affected the spell at all." 

"So what does this mean?" I asked out, my voice sounding almost child-like.

"It means congrats." Liliya said with a smile, a very forced smile. "To all effects you're now Mrs. Derek Hale."

Her words were branded in my mind and all of a sudden all I could see was darkness. 

Yup. I, Katherine Pierce, fainted.