Hook, line and Sinker

Chapter X: Hook, line and Sinker

"Where were you during the game? I didn't see you." Lydia drawled out as she leaned in the locker next to mine. After visiting Derek I decided to stay at home, lazying around instead of coming to watch Scotty be superman. Liliya, had gone to see some of her witch friends and was working on finding a way to get the cure out of me, so until she returned I was on my own.

"I stayed home, I had the flu." I quickly lied, Lydia could be very dramatic when someone did or said something she didn't like. A few days ago I said that lacrosse was a stupid game and she didn't shut up about it for two days. Even Jackass was getting annoyed by it, and that's saying something seing as that idiot lives for lacrosse. 

"Where's Lily? You guys are always together." The strawberry blonde continued inquiring, not missing a beat.

"Now she has the flu." I replied, rolling my eyes at her. "What do you want Lydia?"

"I was just bored, I thought that I could drag you and Liliya shopping today after school." She informed me, giving me a grin that meant you-better-come-or-else.

"I have to take care of Lily, she's very sick." I said, trying to dramatize the situation.I didn't feel like shopping, I just wanted to crawl into a little hole and hide from the world. I was having a very strong midlife crisis, and the stuff that I loved to do before no longer entertained me. Creating chaos was boring, shopping was tedious, mental games were lifeless, love triangles were mundane and getting drunk was tiresome.

"Fine, whatever." Lydia grunted out, before dashing away in her heels to god knows where.

I picked up my bag, and started walking towards the exit when someone bumped against me. "Watch were you're going dumbass." I growled out, before looking at who had hit me. It was Derek, though he looked like shit. He was deadly pale, and I couldn't help saying "Are you in transition or what?" 

He growled out before grabbing me and throwing me against the nearest wall, and somewhat hiding me from the students in the hall. "Where's Scott?" Derek inquired, growling in my face.

"How the fuck should I know?" I replied, rolling my eyes at him. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

"I've been shot." He grunted out in reply. "I need Scott to get me the same bullet from the Argent's house."

"The Argent's?" I asked, not getting it. What did the Argent's have to do with anything? I hadn't met Allison's family yet, but they were human ... right?

"The Argent's are hunters, I was shot by one of them and I need the same bullet or my dead so take me to Scott." The green eyed man in front of me said rapidly, as he eyes flashed blue. I had somewhat of a hard time associating Allison with hunters, but I put it in the back of my mind. Now I had a injured werewolf to take care of, one I had swore to help. Damn you Laura!

"He's probably in the parking lot, come on." I said, grabbing him by the arm and dragging him towards the exit.

I couldn't, however, stop imagining Allison as a hunter and a shiver ran through my back. It was like imagining Elena single-handedly killing an Original- impossible.

 It was like imagining Elena single-handedly killing an Original- impossible